• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

strange dragon poop

beyourownspotlight

Hatchling Dragon
Beemo poops mostly every day still, the most she goes without pooping is maybe two days, three at the very most. This is down to her own little self, I bathe her for about ten minutes once a week or so, more if she's going through a shed, but she usually does poop in the bath too.

Anyway, she has been loving getting out of her viv lately for the past couple of weeks, she's been knocking on the glass, and scratching at it until myself or my partner opens the doors to let her climb in and out at her own will. So she's still very active, running around the room, climbing in and out her viv. Climbing up and down our legs. She's still very bright, active, and still eating and pooping on a regular basis. Has her heat, and UV in her viv, and the curtains are open so she can get a little natural light too. And she knows herself when it's time to warm herself up and will go back in her viv on top of her rock to heat up (it's resin not a heat rock, it's just under her heat bulb).

Anyway while she was out running around today, she pooped ontop of one of my sheets of junk mail actually, and I noticed when I went to move it, it had little red dots in the urate. She's never had this sort of thing before, and it's not like it's just tinged, it's little dots.

I asked my partner who helps me look after her when I'm at work and he hasn't found any of this in her poop before, she hasn't eaten anything red lately, just her usual greens and locusts. I'll attach a picture of the offending poop incase anyone has any ideas. (it's not anymore smelly or less smelly than her usual poop, just a funny sorta colour in the urate). It does look brown in the pic, but it was more a red colour.
beemopoop.jpg

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
Hmmm...to me her poop looks more normal than bad. She could be a little dehydrated but not as bad since there's plenty of white urate. My guess is that it was a little undigested food but I'm no expert. I would make sure she drinks plenty of water next couple days and gets some leafy greens too. If next poop has more red, then I would be a little concerned. I'm sure more experienced member can give their better opinion thou

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmmm. beardie poop is not something to which I have paid a lot of attention - unless its really stinky and then I just clean it up fast. I tend to not get too concerned too quickly - watch it for a few days to see if it gets worse (and how much worse and how fast) or if it gets better.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's possible she strained a little when she went. The poop itself looks a little dehydrated. I would keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.