• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

SOOOOO......I'm GONNA DO IT

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
travel to FLA with my boy, 4-6 hours

They are stopping for lunch, I am going through. Gonna have him poop here before we roll and fast him in the AM.....he will be front seat in Sterlite and on me here and there...

Thoughts?

Couldn't find old threads
Thanks guys.....need all insight please!!!!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Let him poop before you go and don't feed him until you get to your destination and get set up.

Have a good vacation, let us know how it all goes!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ditto ^^ keep him comfy/warm/safe/stress free as possible during travel and once all set up at the destination carry on as normal..
Keep us posted! As we can always use the education on what worked or didn't work.

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
Will let y'all know....supposed to rain a good bit on the drive....was gonna get some heat packs in case it is not sunny....either way, it isn't cold down here...
4-6 hour drive
The temp enclosure will be a Sterlite bin with ALL the needed lighting....temp gun coming to check temps as well.
It is supposed to rain a good bit sadly but every second I'm in the condo, he is on me on my shoulder or a family memeber(more me, as we have bonded....I think lol)

Ok so I am bringing 2 different bins, same size. One is clear and one is opaque. Like I mentioned, my Father has kept reptiles for yeas so I respect his opinion, but I know beardies better I would say.
He leans to the opaque one so he isn't stressed....I say clear so he can look out when we are down at the beach.....
Maybe both? The opaque at night to get rest?
Thoughts soon as we leave Sunday AM

We leave 10am....odd time for him to take a poop, but I just gave him a big horn(treat for the ride coming up lol) some greens and crix.
No food in the AM until we get there or maybe maybe in the car if it is warm and he seems hip to it.

I'll be posting here in the thread the whole time so stay tuned and have anyone and everyone get in here so we can do this together.

Kinda off topic......y'all ever have a BD get "aware" of the heat light above him/her?
I swear it is like my boy just had this awakening of looking UP anywhere we are. He NEVER used to just look UP all the time head cocked......it's weird.
Opinions on this as we'll.
Thanks to all on both subjects!!!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will let y'all know....supposed to rain a good bit on the drive....was gonna get some heat packs in case it is not sunny....either way, it isn't cold down here...
4-6 hour drive
The temp enclosure will be a Sterlite bin with ALL the needed lighting....temp gun coming to check temps as well.
It is supposed to rain a good bit sadly but every second I'm in the condo, he is on me on my shoulder or a family memeber(more me, as we have bonded....I think lol)

Ok so I am bringing 2 different bins, same size. One is clear and one is opaque. Like I mentioned, my Father has kept reptiles for yeas so I respect his opinion, but I know beardies better I would say.
He leans to the opaque one so he isn't stressed....I say clear so he can look out when we are down at the beach.....
Maybe both? The opaque at night to get rest?
Thoughts soon as we leave Sunday AM

We leave 10am....odd time for him to take a poop, but I just gave him a big horn(treat for the ride coming up lol) some greens and crix.
No food in the AM until we get there or maybe maybe in the car if it is warm and he seems hip to it.

I'll be posting here in the thread the whole time so stay tuned and have anyone and everyone get in here so we can do this together.

Kinda off topic......y'all ever have a BD get "aware" of the heat light above him/her?
I swear it is like my boy just had this awakening of looking UP anywhere we are. He NEVER used to just look UP all the time head cocked......it's weird.
Opinions on this as we'll.
Thanks to all on both subjects!!!!
Be careful about when you are out on the beach with him while he is in the container as it can get super hot and muggy in there before you know it and you don't wanna ....cook him... :( so keep close eye on that.. I think he will like being able to look around as they are very curious critters.. be aware of birds, you may want to have a towel or something to cover part of the top so he can get some shade and be more at ease about things flying overhead.
Both of mine are morning poopers so it doesn't sound odd timing to me. good idea on the hornworm!!

The looking up thing.... this is a strong instinct to look up and watch for predators, my Simon has always been SUPER AWARE of things from above lol my female Izzy could care less unless it's big that's a different story....

As always you know your fella, but he's never been on a trip like this so be more aware of his temps, his mood, how he's acting so you can minimize any stress if it occurs.. and you can adjust accordingly.. And we are here if you need help.

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
So he pooped prior to rolling out....all good.

He did hit a urate about 45 mins in..... No biggie....
He is riding like a king lol....
Took him in the store and the check out girl wanted to hold him and put him on her snap chat lol.....he and she loved it

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
image.jpeg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No they are just fine when you click on them.. safe travels

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm a little late here, the forum wasn't loading for me, the only thing I would add is you should have a leash. You are bringing him to unfamiliar territory and something might spook him and he might run off.

Hope you have fun, post pictures!

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
The car ride??

A big.....CHECK!!!

He LOVED it!

Now just love FLA and your vacay quarters!!!!

More pics coming

These pics suck

Which way makes it best for y'all to see?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Whatever is easier for you, post them in the thread here or put them in the gallery.