• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Snuggly beardies!

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
You know you could make the same argument about dogs and cats. Before we started breeding dogs and cats as pets they never got any of blankets or treats out in the wild but they do now. I'm sure if you keep breeding the calm dragons and the ones that come close to humans and don't mind or even like being touched you can change the whole breed. As I said we did it with dogs and cats. Just look at the bulldog 300 years ago. You would have never let your kids around them yet we made them into pets.

Scotty

Bearded Dragon Egg
His basking Spot or on top of a hide on the cool side ...

My personal opinion of taking an originally wild animal, converting it's habitat into a Human nursery, treating them like a human Baby, rather than providing a more natural habitat is just wrong (I stress 'Personal Opinion'). They don't naturally have Blankies, pillows, toys,cushy beds &\or Mothers, nor do they need them. If anything, I feel that this is detrimental to the natural scheme of things & takes away their natural strengths, immunities & all round hardiness. Done for the keepers whims & enjoyment, to feel motherly, feel better about themselves, but not necessarily with the BD's best interests in mind. Remember that these are reptiles & should live like reptiles, not humans.

you're such a grouch. Loosen up a bit. I'm extremely annoyed with seeing your nasty and rude comments on this forum. People are here in search of knowledge and advice and you complain and nag about every damn wrong about their enclosure or how they care about their dragon when they didn't know that you didn't approve of they're doing. I seriously wish I can block from seeing you and your posts on this forum. You don't have about how she's letting her BD snuggle with their blanket or stuffed animal. Who cares if it is not like their normal habitat. They're being cared for and everyone cares for their animal differently.

Moderated

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I gave my opinion, you have given yours.

That was Personal Opinion & stated as such, even stressed it.

Otherwise, I offer good solid advice for the wellbeing of the animals. If the basics are not being provided, I will say so & provide info how to correct it. If you don't care for how I go about it, don't read my posts ... No one is forcing you to read them or be here for that matter.

I would choose the words that you post more carefully, this is a family friendly community and you can get your point across without using such expressions.

Have a good one.

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
Everyone has the right to their opinions. And the advise here is great when it comes to the health of our beardies. So we differ in opinion about how we spoil them no biggie it all comes down to we all have beardies we all care for them and take care of them and we each have the right to do so the way we want as long as they are not being harmed in any way. I knew a woman that puts clothes on her cat and walks him on a leash. That is her business not mine. This is a great forum and I am glad to have found it even if Germ doesn't like my Harry having a blankie he has helped me out with some issues I have had and I am grateful for that.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I absolutely adore the cute cuddliness of it all, I just can't justify doing it with my dragons. So I enjoy the pics and the posts about them :D.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Oh yes....and the little booger has a HUGE attitude....does his own thing....eats when he wants.....poops wherever....lol....but he is a lot of fun and I really do think that he recognizes me and/or my voice. Never in all my years did I think I would own a bearded dragon....:D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
spike wouldnt know what to do with a cuddly in his enc....lol....:D

I don't have any cuddly toys because Allie doesn't know what to do with it either so I don't put it in there. Actually, she doesn't like cuddly toys. The only toy she's got is that red massager, two fake rocks with 'Hope' and 'Dream' with fake gemstones in the shape of a plant, flower, and butterfly. I did give her one of those cat balls to knock around and she could care less. So out it went. Those are the only 'toys' in her tank. I'm working on making a natural tank, but sometimes, my scent is what she needs to feel safe.

I put a used bed pillow I don't use anymore in her tank when she sleeps with two blankets with my scent on them. (I happen to think I'm her security blanket because when she was sick, she didn't want anything to do with anything but me. So I guess when she smells me, she feels a lot better and this is just her bedtime rituals. (The bed pillow comes out and so do the blankets during the day. Otherwise the only time you'll see a blanket is when she wouldn't use the hammock. She still doesn't, but she'll sit in it for a little bit with or without a blanket.) That's why I'm making some little changes to her tank since she's getting bigger and more 'active' at climbing. :)

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Once Iggy's lights go out, we've been taking him out & putting him in his couch/bed (its a ferret bed) & we cover him with his blanket, which used to belong to my daughters doll.. Iggy doesn't mind that its pink;-) so far every time we have put him in there, he goes right to sleep. My daughter will lay next to him & they get 1 cartoon, usually My Little Pony, because there's a lil dragon character & my daughter is very considerate & wants Iggy to enjoy it too. After that, I put him in his bird cozy.. which I call his dragon den because it sounds tougher & he stays there all night. We have only had him for 2 weeks & the last 2 nights, at lights out, he came to the window, on his perch next to me.. he's never done that.. so I like to think that he enjoys or looks forward to our routine as much as we do.
IGGY\'S COUCH.jpg
DRAGON IN A BLANKET.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Isn't it sweet and cute when they snuggle up in their dens? Iggy sounds like he really enjoys snuggle time. :)

I've also got a pic to upload of Allie asleep, but when I snapped the pic, she woke up!

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I like to think he enjoys it. I'm not big on "science" or "facts" on this one, or under developed whatnots.. I like to think he loves us so much that he can hardly contain himself from physically telling us how much he loves us & the only reason he is able to contain himself is because he was blessed with one insane poker face. He's just unshakeable. You can't read him. So, yes, he LOVES snuggle time!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've taken pictures of Allie staring at me with a smile on her face. I can tell it's a beardie smile and her eyes show something in there, despite having an under-developed brain. But she sure is pretty smart and intelligent.
100_5486.JPG

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
She's beautiful! I would love to see her smile! She looks very sweet. I like her grin & I see what your saying about her eyes. We've only had lil Iggy for 2 weeks, I can't wait for him to settle in & start to feel completely comfortable so we can really get to know him. I'm excited to watch him grow & see how his lil personality, as well as our relationship developes.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:) Each beardies' personality's so different.

When I rescued Allie, she went from her old owner to me and wouldn't let her old owner grab her. She wouldn't let go of me and that was the beginning of our relationship. She trusted me very quickly and I nursed her back to health. I've got before, during, and after pics of her being sick. I wanted to remind myself how lucky she is to have me. :)

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh wow, you must be very special to her. Stories like this is why I can't accept the "scientific" argument. There are grey areas. Like you said, every personality is different & every situation as well. I believe she knows that you saved her life & I can't imagine the bond you must have. Your both very lucky.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh wow, you must be very special to her. Stories like this is why I can't accept the "scientific" argument. There are grey areas. Like you said, every personality is different & every situation as well. I believe she knows that you saved her life & I can't imagine the bond you must have. Your both very lucky.

There are grey areas in a beardie's relationship with their owners. I know this is a fact because I've seen it in Allie. Allie exhibits some form of intelligence. I've trained, she's housebroken. She won't go in her tank anymore and will only go outside or in her container for bathing. She's smart I am told. :)

love that,smile
Ever since she's been feeling better, she's been all smiles, grins, and kisses. She can't get enough of me and loves to pose in front of a camera. She even let the vet take pictures of her and she's a hit with everyone because they haven't seen a more colorful beardie. They want to know where I got her and the only thing I can think of is one of those reputable breeders. Here, they sell brown and tan bearded dragons. Not colorful ones. Hmmm....