• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Snake help please!!!!

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
So I know a lot of y'all have snakes, I'm hoping you can help me out or tell me not to worry....

I got a 6 week old western hognose snake, Winchester, in October last year from a breeder. Breeder said he had been eating pinkies. Winchester ate for me about 4 times in October, and hasn't eaten since. I offer him food every week but he hasn't eaten in 5 and a half months!

The breeder said not to worry about it, but I am because Winchester is looking much thinner and He stopped eating so young. He has only shed once in the 6 months I've had him - last week he had his first shed for me.

I've tried scenting the pinkies with tuna and salmon, no dice. I tried braining them, no dice. This is my first snake and I'm so distressed that he is starving to death.

His set up:
10 gallon tank (he is still super small)
Aspen substrate
2 hides - warm and cool
Shallow water dish
Light on a timer, 12 hours a day over the winter
Temp gradient is 78-92

The pics are when I first got him - the past few weeks I haven't seen him at all. He usually cruises around the tank during the day, but not for a few weeks now. He is alive, I poked him yesterday.
FB_IMG_1488863054783.jpg
FB_IMG_1488863050356.jpg

Jess505

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! Hows Winchester doing? In my experience with snakes sometimes they need uvb lighting. As i understand alot of people who own snakes dont use it but i have used it on many ball pythons who refuse to eat and its helped. Plus a good vitamin like viv 13 in water and give your guy a warm soak might help.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
After a little over 7 months he just randomly started eating again! He eats a pinkie a week now, and he hasn't pulled another hunger strike since last spring. Nothing in his environment changed - just a wierd snake thing I guess lol.