• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Silly Question :P

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
As some of you may know by now, I have had my two girls for two weeks today. They were a birthday gift for my twelve year old son, but he has already most of his interest in them. He does take care of them *when* I tell him to. But alas I am pretty certain they have become my pets, LoL :-P Anyways, the whole point of this post is that I really, really, REALLY like a different name than the one he picked. She's such a gorgeous girl, I think it's only right that she have a gorgeous name! My son named her Godzilla, Zilla for short. Zilla is cute, but this girl needs something more than cute lol. I really think that Khaleesi would be perfect! Is it to late to change her name? Obviously I would discuss this with my son first, to make sure he's okay with it (I'm pretty sure he will be, he's a GoT fan also) What do you guys think? If my son is cool with it, should I change her name? Do they understand their names? And what do you guys think of the name? View attachment 11689This is her snuggled up in the couch cushions. Help me out guys! Please :):):)

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
uploadfromtaptalk1424679772832.jpg
This is what she's doing right now :) all snuggled with mama

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think it's fine to change her name. Dexter and Luci look at me when I call their names but I think it's more the tone of my voice than the name itself. It would be the same thing if you get a dog or cat from the shelter and change their name.

I think you will be fine :)

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Patsy :) I talked to my son this morning and he seems to be pretty indifferent. So, I think Zilla is now Khaleesi, mother of dragons :) A pretty name for a pretty girl. I guess I have to change my screen name now...lol

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I like the name Khaleesi . This is a wonderful example of when adults purchase their children pets they need to be prepared to take the pets for themselves in care if the child looses interest. I am so glad she ended up in a great home . If it wasn't for your son you may of never found the joy of owning a dragon. Congrats on your new dragon :D

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
I like the name Khaleesi . This is a wonderful example of when adults purchase their children pets they need to be prepared to take the pets for themselves in care if the child looses interest. I am so glad she ended up in a great home . If it wasn't for your son you may of never found the joy of owning a dragon. Congrats on your new dragon :D
Thank you so much :) I'm definitely not complaining that he's not as "into" them as I am! I adore them and don't mind taking care of them one bit :)

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you so much :) I'm definitely not complaining that he's not as "into" them as I am! I adore them and don't mind taking care of them one bit :)

I purchased 2 baby box turtles turtles one for me & my 3 year old son. He currently loves tortoises and turtles as he always plays with my turtle decor and his Ninja turtles. He can't handle the baby boxies he justs looks at them with me. He named his turtle Leonardo but I won't complain if when he gets older and he decides to leave Leo here. I of course do all the care. He would love to hold Mushu but they both have to get bigger before that happens.My 16 year old son likes to hold Mushu but has no interest in having a dragon for himself.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My boyfriend has a coworker whose daughter was given the classroom bearded dragon a few years ago and they loved it. Now the girls have lost interest in it and the mom is in school so she doesn't have time to take care of it so she's looking for a home for it. It breaks my heart that I can't take her, I hear she's a sweetheart. I told her to contact the local Herpetological Society and see if they will take a rescue.

I'm glad there are moms out there like you two that love reptiles :)

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
Aww, I wish I was able to take on another but between the two I have and my 16 month old daughter, twelve year old son AND working almost full time, I most definitely have my hands full! LOL :) I hope she finds a good home.
And thank you, btw :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OMG, I LOVE HER! So cute :)

I work full time and have 2 cats, 2 beardies, 5 frogs and a fish tank that we are trying to get to cycle so we can put fish in without them dying. I can't handle another beardie. Plus, I have my hands full trying to keep my boy and girl beardies away from each other, i don't know what Luci would do if I added another girl to the mix!