• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shes trying to eat her rock cave?

Kota

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I'm quite confused and a bit worried about my dragon. Yesterday I caught her trying to eat the fake plant the "grows" off the side of her rock cave. I tried to get her to let go but she got a tiny piece of it before I could get her to stop. I took the plants off last night. Now this morning I see her biting at her rock. Actually chomping on it not just liking it or something. She is fed very well and I give her calcium and a multi vitamin and I have no idea why she would do this. Any help?

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How odd.. First thought in my mind is that she's hungry, or something on that rock tastes good. Whats her diet like? Have you tried rinsing off the rock? Is she shedding at all? Hows her lighting?

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
All of what Brooke said, plus are you sure she is not a he? I've seen videos of male dragons doing that when they are in the throes of passion from puberty hormones.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Is the rock new? Maybe she just doesn't like it.

Kota

Bearded Dragon Egg
She gets fed very well and is spoiled but not too much. She gets a nice variety and plenty of salad with her protein. She has been shedding and I've seen rub on things before but never bite them. The rock has been there since I've brought her home and she seems to like it. And we thought that she was actually a guy at first until the two of our dragons matured a little more. And then we had to get used to things backwards