• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RIP misty-moo

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My baby girl passed away this morning at the vets. She was egg bound she didn't show any signs until it was to late.
2fa376d9fcca72c8b5c289ec9c4d7553.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OH NO, this makes me so sad :(

You were a great momma to both of your little girls. I'm so glad you took them in and gave them the love that they deserved. They are great hiders of illnesses, this is nothing that you did.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OMG no no :( I am soo very sorry to hear this!! You loved your gals soo much and know you gave them everything they needed!! Goes to show just how good they are at hiding things.. Know that this was not your fault your girls were very well taken care of and loved dearly..

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
OMG no no :( I am soo very sorry to hear this!! You loved your gals soo much and know you gave them everything they needed!! Goes to show just how good they are at hiding things.. Know that this was not your fault your girls were very well taken care of and loved dearly..
She was fine a few days ago just a black beard thought she was grumpy because she changed vivs and was getting ready to shed. She was eating fine and pooping. Didn't think anything of it until she started seriously digging and her tummy got bloated n went of her food x so took her vets the next day ( yesterday) they kept her in all day giving her meds n fluids ect n sent her home n saod if no eggs by this morning take her back n she died a few minutes after I got there x

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She was fine a few days ago just a black beard thought she was grumpy because she changed vivs and was getting ready to shed. She was eating fine and pooping. Didn't think anything of it until she started seriously digging and her tummy got bloated n went of her food x so took her vets the next day ( yesterday) they kept her in all day giving her meds n fluids ect n sent her home n saod if no eggs by this morning take her back n she died a few minutes after I got there x

Oh sweetheart I'm sorry..I know how much they meant to you.. They are together again and now your angels.

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
OH NO, this makes me so sad :(

You were a great momma to both of your little girls. I'm so glad you took them in and gave them the love that they deserved. They are great hiders of illnesses, this is nothing that you did.

sorry for your loss, although i have a question related to this topic for PatsyB, do you think having a bin with dirt or something of the sort could of let the beardie lay her eggs? i dont know this forsure but as far as i know beardies only lay in dirt or sand and if there wasnt a laying bin in the enclosure that might explain why she didnt lay them, if im wrong about anything id like you or anyone of you guys to currect me, im only asking so i can learn more and keep my beardies happy.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
sorry for your loss, although i have a question related to this topic for PatsyB, do you think having a bin with dirt or something of the sort could of let the beardie lay her eggs? i dont know this forsure but as far as i know beardies only lay in dirt or sand and if there wasnt a laying bin in the enclosure that might explain why she didnt lay them, if im wrong about anything id like you or anyone of you guys to currect me, im only asking so i can learn more and keep my beardies happy.
She did have a lay box.

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She didn't show any signs of being gravid ( carrying eggs) untill 48 hours before she passed away. As soon I she shown the signs I placed a dig box in her enclosure and the 1st sign of her having trouble laying she was rushed to the vets. Unfortunately dragons are extremely good at hiding things.

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
She didn't show any signs of being gravid ( carrying eggs) untill 48 hours before she passed away. As soon I she shown the signs I placed a dig box in her enclosure and the 1st sign of her having trouble laying she was rushed to the vets. Unfortunately dragons are extremely good at hiding things.

im no expert but its possibly by the time you put the box inside she was already egg bound, im thinking of just leaving a lay box with sand or dirt in it in my beardies enclosure

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
im no expert but its possibly by the time you put the box inside she was already egg bound, im thinking of just leaving a lay box with sand or dirt in it in my beardies enclosure
Yes she would have already been egg bound by the time I noticed that's why she went down hill so quick..
If you do put a lay box make sure it is deep and use children's play sand they like to dig deep and bury their self. But to be honest in most cases they will show signs.
If you Google lay boxes to will see the size they need

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
Yes she would have already been egg bound by the time I noticed that's why she went down hill so quick..
If you do put a lay box make sure it is deep and use children's play sand they like to dig deep and bury their self. But to be honest in most cases they will show signs.
If you Google lay boxes to will see the size they need

is it smart to put a heating and/or uvb lamp over them while they are in their lay box?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't think putting in a lay box will make them lay eggs. One of my friends is dealing with a dragon that has eggs and she has a lay box and her girl won't use it but will lay an egg on the floor or somewhere random.

Also keep in mind that unlike, say chameleons, all female bearded dragons don't lay eggs. My girl is 4 1/2 and has been in the same house with a male since she was 1 and she has never had eggs.

Misty-Moo's mommy did everything right once she learned she had eggs. Just some things can't be prevented :(

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
I'm sorry to hear this. Is it crazy nust want a male so this do t happen

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk