• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptar's new setup

tokentheblackkid

Bearded Dragon Egg
Reptar just got a new humble abode and seems to love it so far! Anything I should add? Any feedback, criticism? I'm fairly new to these forums so any help is greatly appreciated! Yes I know about the thermometers but those will be taken out soon.

He was munching on some super worms! He's 7 months old as of the 19th! Last time I measured him he was a foot long.
cfd88229d200af013ce6cdb32014fb80.jpg
ff776e176fb5a156d47c06b41fe66003.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Does he use the water dish? If not go ahead and remove it, they don't usually recognize standing water. When you take him out for a bath you can gently hold him in the water and see if he'll drink. Water in their enclosure can bring the humidity up, it should hover around 20%. There is alot of good info here, in the sub forums. Btw...love your avatar, I'm a HUGE Southpark fan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Mom of Blazey. The water bowl is huge, if you remove it he will have more room to run around. Just keep an eye on your UVB bulbs. They should be mounted right over head so they don't shine in his eyes. If he starts closing his eyes more or getting crust or watery eyes, you'll need to change it.

tokentheblackkid

Bearded Dragon Egg
Does he use the water dish? If not go ahead and remove it, they don't usually recognize standing water. When you take him out for a bath you can gently hold him in the water and see if he'll drink. Water in their enclosure can bring the humidity up, it should hover around 20%. There is alot of good info here, in the sub forums. Btw...love your avatar, I'm a HUGE Southpark fan

He doesn't really use it but he stands on the side of the bowl. I'll put him in his bowl sometimes but he won't stay in it long. Haha! I got the name from friends.

tokentheblackkid

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree with Mom of Blazey. The water bowl is huge, if you remove it he will have more room to run around. Just keep an eye on your UVB bulbs. They should be mounted right over head so they don't shine in his eyes. If he starts closing his eyes more or getting crust or watery eyes, you'll need to change it.
I would have done it on the top but it would have honestly hung way to low for his tank and the top is a off top, as you can see its is attached to the very top on the side. He never really closes his eyes due to the uvb. He only closes his eyes if he is,going to sleep.

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon

+1