• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Questions

Amanda228

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, so I have a few more questions, sorry!

Now that Falcor isn't afraid of dubias, he is eating them like crazy! Thanks for the advice by the way!

But now I have a couple more questions. How important is vegetables for a baby? He will not touch them. He is 2.5 months old. I've tried mustard greens, collard greens, squash, carrots, you name it. I've tried putting the roaches on the veges and he waits for them to crawl off before he eats them. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Next question is about dusting dubia roaches with calcuim. How often do I need to do this. I've read so many different things about this. I've read do it once a week, every day and I've also read that you don't need to dust them at all. What is your guys opinions?

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Babies don't always eat their veggies for a while. Not much to worry about there. A trick you could try that worked for me when I started mine on greens: Im sure you've noticed when they eat bugs they smack on them. While they're chomping on a bug, you can always slide a piece of green into their mouth. Some will take to it quickly and get the memo right off the bat. More stubborn kiddos may take a few times to get the message. It seems to be a pretty effective way to show them "eat this."

I usually dust mine with calcium twice a week, but mines an adult. I think babies need more than that.. Someone else will have a more solid answer on this subject.