• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Questions about what the babies would be het wits

Joe rivera

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys so i just bought a het wits 66% probable wits hypo beardie.so my question is if i bread with a visual wits and he doesnt prove to be wits the babies will all be 100% het wits correct? Not the 66% that he is? And if he is het wits then half the clutch would be wits and half would be 100% het wits is this all right? Im just learning about all this kinda all new to me.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I honestly have no experience what so ever with breeding. However I do love biology :) so it would depend if the trait is recessive or dominate. You should research that and find out. I'm assuming it must be recessive given that one dragon carries it but does not display it. However, There is a great possibility that most offspring will produce the trait if one parent carries the gene and the other visual displays it.

For a recessive gene to be visual the parent would have to only carry those genes so he/she will 100% pass it on to offspring. Mixed with another Beardie who is a carrier of the gene but does not visually display it would give each baby approximately a 75% likelihood of displaying the trait. So yes there would be a big possibility that most, if not all, babies would display it. Research the genes and than You can look online and actually learn how to make a gene chart that will give you an accurate idea of how the hatchlings will turn out.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk