• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about Phoenix worms

Nubs

Hatchling Dragon
Hello all,

I bought some Phoenix worms from two different companies. One had all my worms in one container (500) and they smell and are cramped and says to feed them food. The other company had them in four separate containers and said I didn't have to feed them, didn't smell and lasted s long time. The cramped one just came in so I don't know how long they will last. Do I really need to feed them? Where is a good place to buy the Phoenix worms? TIA.

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Where'd you get them from?

As far as i know, BSFL are not supposed to be fed, and will last a pretty long time when refrigerated. Have never really noticed a bad smell or anything. I buy mine from dubiaroaches.com.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've never heard of feeding BSFL. Like BrookeE, I get mine from dubiaroaches.com. Very good quality.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Ditto, I have always heard not to feed them. I get mine from dudiaroaches.com and phoenixworms.com - the ones from Phoenix worms are usually bigger, and it is easier to sift them out of the substrate. They are a little more expensive though