• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possibly Overweight? Please Help Me!

lizzie2635

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I got my bearded dragon from petsmart and I fell in love with her. I told myself I would buy from a breeder but she and I made an instant connection. However, she is seeming super overweight. I was told she is about 10 weeks old. She eats like twenty crickets a day and is super active in her tank but I just want to be sure she is healthy. Please tell me what you think?

Attachments

• IMG_6828-1.JPG
    IMG_6828-1.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 39

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I got my bearded dragon from petsmart and I fell in love with her. I told myself I would buy from a breeder but she and I made an instant connection. However, she is seeming super overweight. I was told she is about 10 weeks old. She eats like twenty crickets a day and is super active in her tank but I just want to be sure she is healthy. Please tell me what you think?
Baby dragon's eat alot as they are growing like crazy! Just make sure you are offering nice nutritious foods for her.. Make sure she gets plenty of exercise, and that your husbandry is good and she should be just fine..

Take a look at the links below several of our comments and you will find all the info you will need to have a nice healthy dragon, we cover food, lighting, temps, supplements and more... and feel free to post pictures of her set up and we can help in whatever way you need..

beeneufe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Babies eat a lot. I wouldn't worry too much. Just be sure your feeders are gut-loaded and serve fresh veggies alongside them. You would want to start worrying about obesity when movement is impeded/she struggles to get around.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep when they run around and the their bellies rub that's kinda fat, but as long as the belly is off the ground your good.