• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outside enclosure (dog cage)

Meganolvt

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had a crazy idea and decided to try it. I zip tied 1/4 inch hardware cloth to a dog cage i'm not using to make an outdoor enclosure. I drilled a few holes in the tray for drainage and threw
20170423_165113.jpg
some dirt and logs in there. Still have to put some kind of shelter in (probably an upside down Rubbermaid box). It looks funny, but I think It's going to work for days when it is warm enough.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
this looks a lot sturdier than the baby play pen I have. which is a couple years old. and shows it. no sharp edges INSIDE - right ?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I like the idea of this the thing that I would worry about is the dirt for a couple of reasons.. 1. Being that they lick "taste" everything so there will be ingestion of it. Has the dirt been treated chemically in the past years? What about bugs getting into the dirt that they should not be eating? as you don't know where the bugs have been and what they have been eating... 2. I would make a covered section so they can get out of the sun when they get too hot or feel threatened..

I use netted hampers from Walmart they pop up and have 2 zippered openings, I lay them on the side maximizing space to roam and I put a towel over 1 end for shade.. Added benefit they fold right up for easy storage and are under $10 bucks Just my 2 cents.