• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

No toilet

GraemeCaUk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I'm concerned about my bearded dragon and found your site so I'm hoping someone can give some advice. Around about Christmas time I noticed his toilet slowed down. At first I put it down to brumation but It got to a point where he would go for weeks only to produce a tiny stool and sometimes only the urate. It's now over 3 months and still the same. I don't think it's impaction because I just use untorn newspaper as a substrate since he got sand impaction a couple of years ago. In all other respects he seems healthy although he's not as interested in live food as he used to be. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If he's not eating much then he's not going to have much to poop out. Make sure that he is hydrated, you can drop water on his nose and entice him to lick it off. There are a lot of illnesses that mimic. Rumstion, I would have a vet check him just tonrule anything bad out.

GraemeCaUk

Bearded Dragon Egg
Many thanks for the advice. As far as I can tell he seems to be eating plenty of vegetables, he just seems to have gone off insects. The vets around my way are not brilliant with reptiles so I'll try your water suggestion and an intensive bath / belly rub routine for a few days in case it is just dehydration, and if there's no improvement I'll get him checked out at the vet.