• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newest from Whitley

Joyce

Hatchling Dragon
She's growing pretty good. She still loves her greens and now that we have discovered Dubia roaches she will eat nothing else. She didn't eat more than a worm or two for 3 days while we waited for the mail.

Waiting to shed...
65e3407023863cbdb04f16ec71a9a0c2.jpg

954b07243fee980ae1cd80e053352042.jpg

8bd75cb796d2b0ff461ae48b72d22dff.jpg

Before and after shed...
743940ba958ba539cba223ee0bb98c04.jpg

d6e9ea5f39f18f930eb3062b1c682746.jpg

Dinner!!
99f4ccc0a37a30920c4c4de11cbf4988.jpg

Sleeping under my shirt
5fdf50123d1a26aaa4721d26018606a9.jpg

Christmas present... Whitley got a hammock.
df8bfbab1380c28b5bbfb81d12f7f0d3.jpg

f726d4736faa4ee6451d5b22b49c9d5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great colors going on there!!! question are you using a red heat lamp? you know about the issues they cause their eyes?

Joyce

Hatchling Dragon
Great colors going on there!!! question are you using a red heat lamp? you know about the issues they cause their eyes?

I did not know... I have already ordered her a new light that shipped out today.

I had originally ordered a ceramic heat lamp but cannot use it with the lamp I have. It's been a cluster of issues.

Joyce

Hatchling Dragon
I've only been using the red light during the day for heat and turning it off at night

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did not know... I have already ordered her a new light that shipped out today.

I had originally ordered a ceramic heat lamp but cannot use it with the lamp I have. It's been a cluster of issues.

Yea colored lights don't allow their pupils to adjust correctly so I'm glad to hear that you are getting new lighting for basking area, what are you using for UVB? as long as your temps don't go below 65F at night no need for CHE

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
under several of our comments you'll find a couple of links (can't see if on taptalk) we've put together info for general care and in there you will find all sorts of info and lighting/heating is a section in there.

Joyce

Hatchling Dragon
Yea colored lights don't allow their pupils to adjust correctly so I'm glad to hear that you are getting new lighting for basking area, what are you using for UVB? as long as your temps don't go below 65F at night no need for CHE

I am returning the CHE and keeping the basking bulb that I just purchased today. As for the UVB I am using a reptisun 10.0
I got her a Hammock, a screen lid, and the dual dome light and all of that came today. New basking bulb should be here by Wednesday.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am returning the CHE and keeping the basking bulb that I just purchased today. As for the UVB I am using a reptisun 10.0
I got her a Hammock, a screen lid, and the dual dome light and all of that came today. New basking bulb should be here by Wednesday.

reptisun 10.0 as in a long tube style T5 or T8 or is it a compact one?? err umm don't want you to think I'm picking away at ya as your little one is looking great.. However if your using a compact UVB that typically comes in those dome fixtures those will cause eye damage as they focus the light too much in a small area... :( sorry if I'm the bearer of unwanted delays if ya know what I mean I just wanna make sure your little one isn't getting hurt and if these are your bulbs the sooner they are changed the better as it is clear you love your adorable little one.

Joyce

Hatchling Dragon
reptisun 10.0 as in a long tube style T5 or T8 or is it a compact one?? err umm don't want you to think I'm picking away at ya as your little one is looking great.. However if your using a compact UVB that typically comes in those dome fixtures those will cause eye damage as they focus the light too much in a small area... :( sorry if I'm the bearer of unwanted delays if ya know what I mean I just wanna make sure your little one isn't getting hurt and if these are your bulbs the sooner they are changed the better as it is clear you love your adorable little one.

Looks like I'm ordering more lights again [emoji23]

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like I'm ordering more lights again [emoji23]

I'm sorry JoyceI know it's not what you wanted to hear...hang n there