• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newcomer

Wexus Nexus

Bearded Dragon Egg
HI Josh, Thanks for having me in this forum. I have been a 'mom' to Wexford, a female 15 year old bearded dragon for about a year now, and am having lots of fun with her. She has become surprisingly affectionate and communicative with me over time, and cracks me up. Looking forward to perusing what others have to say about their own dragons. Best, Jennifer Adam
15726918_10108825592453910_2671460286054210649_n.jpg
13522751_10107834962793690_573992852650864277_o.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! Wow 15 years old is amazing.. Looking forward to seeing more of her, In the links below several of our comments are resources for everyone..Loose substrate can be dangerous for them and some woods are poisonous like pine and cedar. They also are at a higher risk of getting them stuck in their mouths and digestive tract if eaten by mistake when tasting their environment or when feeding. Keeping good husbandry is harder to keep clean on loose substrate.
What items do you feed her? She looks a bit dehydrated by her fat pads on her head, making sure she is nice and hydrated is important on loose substrate is important.
They are amazing creatures with such awesome personalities!
Again welcome! Hope the links are helpful

Wexus Nexus

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, Hdrydr31, Thanks for the response. It should be noted that neither of these photos were taken in her cage. The second is outside in our backyard. She gets to get out of the cage quite a bit (though I am watching her of course but she is slow). Interesting to hear she looks dehydrated to you. She also has looked this way since I got her. She does drink water (she will actually tell me by sort of smacking her lips from time to time) that she is thirsty. She submerges her face in the water and takes long, slow drinks until she decides she has had enough. She eats mealworms, occasionally crickets, veggies, some fruit, and the Omnivore mix I get at the reptile store near us. She also has a sand substrate that I got at said store.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, Hdrydr31, Thanks for the response. It should be noted that neither of these photos were taken in her cage. The second is outside in our backyard. She gets to get out of the cage quite a bit (though I am watching her of course but she is slow). Interesting to hear she looks dehydrated to you. She also has looked this way since I got her. She does drink water (she will actually tell me by sort of smacking her lips from time to time) that she is thirsty. She submerges her face in the water and takes long, slow drinks until she decides she has had enough. She eats mealworms, occasionally crickets, veggies, some fruit, and the Omnivore mix I get at the reptile store near us. She also has a sand substrate that I got at said store.
Glad to hear that she eats and drinks alot, then it's just her 15 year old body that is throwing me off as normally you are able to see the 2 areas on their head as 2 soft ovals that are raised. She sounds like a sweet old gal and she is the oldest around this forum to my knowledge!!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
She's beautiful, she's dark like my blazey. I have 2 that are 11 now and 6 that are 8. I'm pretty sure she is the oldest, aren't beardies great! How did you wind up with this lovely lady?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Wexus Nexus

Bearded Dragon Egg
Glad to hear that she eats and drinks alot, then it's just her 15 year old body that is throwing me off as normally you are able to see the 2 areas on their head as 2 soft ovals that are raised. She sounds like a sweet old gal and she is the oldest around this forum to my knowledge!!
Hi Josh, After hearing what you had to say about her I showed a pic of her taken this week to an employee at a reptile store and he said that yes, she did look a little more shrunken in terms of her head ovals, but also that to him it just looked more that she is just old. He commented that she is likely just like us, shrinking and changing the older we get! :) Here is a pic taken a couple of minutes ago of her snuggling with a Predator figurine. Pretty cute!

Attachments

• 19601372_10110098187378480_6622748024057346127_n.jpg
    19601372_10110098187378480_6622748024057346127_n.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 18

Wexus Nexus

Bearded Dragon Egg
She's beautiful, she's dark like my blazey. I have 2 that are 11 now and 6 that are 8. I'm pretty sure she is the oldest, aren't beardies great! How did you wind up with this lovely lady?

A friend of a friend had her for a long time but decided he was moving to Poland from Minnesota, permanently. My friend knew I was an animal lover and asked me if I was interested. The tank and all the equipment was all free, as well as Wex, which was nice since I already have a large dog, fish, and at that time, an adopted gerbil. The guy and his friend brought the whole assembly over along with Wex and that was over a year ago. We have been having a great time and I hope she lasts a lot longer. My vet said he thought she could go to 19 or 20. We'll see!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh, FYI....Josh is the page owner but he's not on very often. You will know if he ever comments because his screen name is Josh :)

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
Meal worms are bad. Try superworms are much better. They have more fat/meat and less shell veggie should be given daily. What kind of omnivore mix?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Yes, mealworms really aren't good for beardies, if you're gonna give your beardie any worms, superworms are the easiest to buy at a pet store, I've given mine superworms for 10 yrs now. However, I've heard the the dubia roaches are the way to go. My local pet store doesn't carry them, that's why I've chosen to use the superworms and crickets as their live food source with wax worms as a treat