• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New with a rescued Dragon!

MomToChaos

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
My name is Desirea and I am new to this forum. I have decided to join to ask for some help. I have had beardies and I am in love but I have recently rescued a male. I am having to nurse him back to health which is the new part for me. He is really under weight. Very sweet and loves baths. I am excited to be able to have some people to talk to that know what they are talking about! I don't personally know many people with dragons. :)

BeardiesandBaseball

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,
My name is Desirea and I am new to this forum. I have decided to join to ask for some help. I have had beardies and I am in love but I have recently rescued a male. I am having to nurse him back to health which is the new part for me. He is really under weight. Very sweet and loves baths. I am excited to be able to have some people to talk to that know what they are talking about! I don't personally know many people with dragons. :)
Good luck with your new beardie! I hope that you make a wonderful relationship with him!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and good for you for taking in this fella.. Depending on how malnourished he is just go slow and steady and make sure you work on hydration first. So getting him to eat greens is good maybe make up some slurries of greens and veggies with pure coconut water.. then slowly add in the protein of bugs.. If you go too fast with the bugs it will be hard on the liver and other organs as depending on how long it's been without good food it will take awhile to get them working well.

MomToChaos

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here are some better pics to show how under weight Chaos is [emoji17]
a096e50d277d7f8eec220b015d453af6.jpg
f18b84732b44f0c170800e2f7d539ed7.jpg
9eddd12b906c961c869eb366e5fa730f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe poor baby but at least it's not horrible horrible and should be pretty easy to put some weight back on..