• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner set up help

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oops sorry for the advice, I could've sworn I saw that the mercury vapor light was not good for them bcuz of their 3rd eye

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
No worries that's what learning is all about... many like the mercury vapor bulbs because of the rays it gives off and is an all around bulb the kicker is that they are expensive, and I personally like having the entire tank lite up..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my what a little cutie!!!! I also miss that tiny phase!! They are just sooo friggin cute all tiny and all!!!
You may want to cover the back and maybe half of the sides to cut down on reflection and also to make him feel a bit more secure in his new home.. Also adding in some more decorations, things to climb/explore may also help him feel safer. I would watch the water dish it can increase the humidity level, and as you will find out they will fall asleep almost anywhere and that will include the water dish. I had 1 in my females tank and I would find her half in half out sound asleep and it's not the safest thing. As long as he's eating nicely he will get most of the moisture he needs from insects and the salads.. If you haven't already take a look at the links below several of our comments in there you will find links for food items that will be helpful in what all to feed him.. Carrots are high in vit A and are a to feed occasionally item, they can get vit A toxicity so a variety is key to a well rounded diet. Glad to see him eating his greens already some babies don't want them but as long as the feeders are getting the same stuff he'll still get it..
Babies need to be fed 3 times a day what they will eat in 15 min with the last feeding several hours before lights out for proper digestion.

links below this will give you tons of info. Congratulations!!!

Crystalds

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks! We were wondering how to cut down the reflection because it seems to bother him. I've been barely covering the bottom of the water dish and I take it out at night but yeah, he doesn't go in it anyway so maybe we'll take it out and add another decoration. We were keeping it simple while he settles in and not sure what else to add. I didn't realize carrots were occasional so thanks for that! My human kids will be happy lol! I'll find another everyday item to add in there.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks! We were wondering how to cut down the reflection because it seems to bother him. I've been barely covering the bottom of the water dish and I take it out at night but yeah, he doesn't go in it anyway so maybe we'll take it out and add another decoration. We were keeping it simple while he settles in and not sure what else to add. I didn't realize carrots were occasional so thanks for that! My human kids will be happy lol! I'll find another everyday item to add in there.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Hammocks are great, wood platforms, fake plants as long as they don't have parts they could break off and eat, rock formations (also helps with their nails)

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
I spy with my little some ZAPPS!!!! and Voduoo one also. My favorite.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk