• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New female addion

We have a Male two yr old and a female two yr old beardie, we just added a three yr old female into

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aliciaflaker

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have a Male two yr old and a female two yr old beardie, we just added a three yr old female into the family. The male just started to becoming very ski dish and secluded under his rock. anyone have an idea on whats going on with him

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum. What is the housing situation like? Can they see eachother?

aliciaflaker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much for the response. We figured out it was the ceiling fan was setting him off. My concern is the new female. she is so sweet and very beefy she weighs 700 grams she hasn't been eating much food since we got her. the reptile store said she is just in shock and to increase housing temp. does anyone know how long it takes them to acclimate?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much for the response. We figured out it was the ceiling fan was setting him off. My concern is the new female. she is so sweet and very beefy she weighs 700 grams she hasn't been eating much food since we got her. the reptile store said she is just in shock and to increase housing temp. does anyone know how long it takes them to acclimate?
Glad to hear that you figured out the fan set him off..
700 grams wow she is big I've not heard of one that big.. How is she at moving around? sounds like she may need to go on a beardie diet as they can get fatty liver disease.. They do often get what we call "relocation" stress it can last a week ish'....

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I know someone that has a 690g dragon! She could be going through some relocation stress or she could be going into brumation. Basking temp for an adult dragon should be 95-100 degrees.