• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New baby!

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
hello! My name is mireha and I just got a baby dragon! I wasn't planning on getting one but when I walked into the store and saw how excited this little one was when I waved at him I just had to bring him home.
I bought a light and him and brought him home a quickly set up a 20 gallon long tank for him. Now I have no idea what else to do!! I have read a ton of things and nothing you read can prepare you for the real thing!
I am including a picture of Iroh(I did check and he is a boy!!!),
The light I bought, and a picture of the tanks please let me know if I should do anything else!!!

Attachments

• 51140212147__D58F6E08-7E90-493E-8E18-202B135EC56E.JPG
    51140212147__D58F6E08-7E90-493E-8E18-202B135EC56E.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • F2BF83E4-7AC6-4E10-9DB2-864D5CAEF709.jpg
    F2BF83E4-7AC6-4E10-9DB2-864D5CAEF709.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome - he's a cutie ! there is sooo much information to learn - read through the links below please to help with some of your set up questions. you can, of course, always ask us - and I recommend that over asking at the pet store. although there are knowledgeable staff, they are the exception rather than the rule. how old is your kid? you will probably need a basking light - what is the temp at the cool end? what are you feeding and how often ? good for you for staying away from sand or chips ! if he's under about 6 months - it's hard to "sex" them. enjoy the journey !

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
welcome - he's a cutie ! there is sooo much information to learn - read through the links below please to help with some of your set up questions. you can, of course, always ask us - and I recommend that over asking at the pet store. although there are knowledgeable staff, they are the exception rather than the rule. how old is your kid? you will probably need a basking light - what is the temp at the cool end? what are you feeding and how often ? good for you for staying away from sand or chips ! if he's under about 6 months - it's hard to "sex" them. enjoy the journey !
It is hard but not impossible to sex them!! I just got home so I can't say temperatures just yet I will say them tomorrow. He looks about 2 1/2 months but not positive. I do have a basking light. Today he ate a couple bites out of his salad (basil since only safe green at the moment) this morning, and he ate 8 crickets and 3 calciworms around 1. I had to leave for work at 3:30 and I tried to feed him but he turned his head at me so he hasn't eaten diner (it is 11:40pm as I write this and he is asleep).
And yes before I got him I was reading this forum like a crazy person!!! Lol