• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new baby bearded dragon not eating HELP!

yokairis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the BD community.

Some good links that you may find useful ...
Basic Bearded Dragon Care Guide - A Place To Start
UVB Setup
Temp Guns
Is Bearded Dragon Cohabitation A Good Plan?
Bearded Dragon - Exclusive Care Info Library
What's Good & Not So Good To Feed - Beautiful Dragon's Nutrition Guide
How to Sex a Bearded Dragon

I totally agree, the only reason that a bigger enclosure would pose issues is when keepers clutter it with junk. Furnished with the basics & there will be no issues. An 18x18x18 will have to be replaced in a couple of months. That's an abnormal size, is it a glass enclosure or screened sides?

I am obviously aware an 18x18x18 tank has to be replaced within months an adult can't possibly live there. Before I bought my baby I bought the setup which was an 36x18x36 exo Terra so i do have a 100 gallons tank that I will change him into once he is a Lil more grown, I'm sure 100 gallons is extremely big for a 4" or 5" inch baby at least that's what I read and I wouldn't want to put him in more stress than he already is because of relocation. My 18x18x18 tank is an exo Terra that I bought when I bought him.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
okay so my baby started eating the worms today !! i order some phoenix worms from reptiworms cus they were a lott cheaper than phoenixworms.com lol but i couldnt resist watching my baby not eating so i stopped at petco and bought a little container of calci worms and my baby just pounce on them !!! yay im so happy !

Pheniox worms are awesome feeders. Mine love them also.

Out of curiosity what do u pay for them?

Here I can get 400 for 28.00 Canadian

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sure 100 gallons is extremely big for a 4" or 5" inch baby at least that's what I read and I wouldn't want to put him in more stress than he already is because of relocation. My 18x18x18 tank is an exo Terra that I bought when I bought him.
I have raised 3 youngsters right from the start, alone in a 90 gal, as was previously mentioned, if not cluttered with junk to make hunting difficult, no issues.
That's an abnormal size, is it a glass enclosure or screened sides?

finally1976

Bearded Dragon Egg
If u think ur beardie is dehydrated try bathing them with 1/2 pedialyte plain and 1/2 warm water... it worked for mine!