• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My scaly nurse

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I have a cold and foxy has been keeping me company
33a88b660e9045d86aca841224ddfa5e.jpg

When he doesn't get taken out of the tank he gets all huffy and sassy so I decided to take him out for a little bit and give him love, he was in his tank all day with a dark beard I gave him some fresh mustard greens that he devoured and took him out and his beard brightened up instantly
0792219aa0131dfee982bf75f4c258fb.jpg

bf5780c3051fb1aed23a936b5f36e3c5.jpg

He finished shedding his beard and his back so he's much more active right now

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a cold and foxy has been keeping me company
33a88b660e9045d86aca841224ddfa5e.jpg

When he doesn't get taken out of the tank he gets all huffy and sassy so I decided to take him out for a little bit and give him love, he was in his tank all day with a dark beard I gave him some fresh mustard greens that he devoured and took him out and his beard brightened up instantly
0792219aa0131dfee982bf75f4c258fb.jpg

bf5780c3051fb1aed23a936b5f36e3c5.jpg

He finished shedding his beard and his back so he's much more active right now

I just love his colors!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Best nurse ever! Feel better soon :)

I was very sick last week and I felt so bad because I couldn't get any of the dragons out. By the 4th day they were like screw this and Dolly pooped in her tank and Luci trashed his tank it was as if they were forcing me to join the real world.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you I will!
I am afraid of getting anyone but fox out while I'm sick, he's easy to scoop up if need be and if I accidentally fall asleep he will sleep with me
Haha I love that! Your babies have great personalities! [emoji16]
I always love hearing about dolly, luck, Dexter, and izzy it makes me realize how great and different beardies personalities are

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Me too I just love how they are all soo different but I just love that Izzy loves to get her evening snuggle time each night, she paces and stares at me like ummm come on Mom I'm ready to come out and sleep on you now... :)

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Izzy is such a cutie! I really love it when people get so used to their beardies behavior that it seems that they almost know exactly what the beardies thinking, it's so interesting!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I love hearing about everyone's dragons! They each have their own personalities and yet they do lots of similar things.

We had an issue this afternoon, I've never been more afraid of one of them than I was today :( I was sitting on my chair with Dexter on my lap and Luci was running around, I didn't realize he could see her and the next thing I knew he ran across the room to the side of my chair and crawled up it at lightning speed! I jumped up with Dexter and screamed for help and Luci jumped from the chair to the side table then tried to jump to me but I was too far away. He was so ANGRY! I don't know why anyone would ever want to mate bearded dragons.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I never knew male bearded dragons act like that when they want to mate, my fox is male but he's only smelt another beardie and thats only when I held my friends beardie and went back home to take care of fox
He only gets really excited when he sees skele in his tank moving fast

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wowza that would scare me for sure.. wow :( The more I hear about males acting crazy the more I'm happy just having the 1!! dang craziness! Hope all is well and no one got hurt..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He only seems to go real nuts when he sees Dexter. He can be a real sweetheart but when he wants something whether it's Dexter or just out of his tank, he disappears into his own world and that's all he focuses on.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know. I often wonder if Dexter puts off pheromones that he smells. It's really interesting though to see that she doesn't look for him, she doesn't wave or even go towards him she has no desire to mate but is always the aggressor. Like that's what his life purpose is, looking for a mate.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
That's really interesting! I've never had a female bearded dragon before but fox is very calm when it comes to everything he only gets excited when small things move fast or he wants out of his tank or my hands