• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My leo girls

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Many of you are familiar with my dragons, Ruth and Mushu. I also have 3 young Leopard geckos that I'm in the process of rehabbing. First up are Ophelia and Amelia. They were brought home together, both very thin and skittish. I'm still fighting with them to get them to eat, more than a month later. Neither of them will touch a meal worm. Amelia demands dubia roaches, and Ophelia will eat crickets if I tong feed her, occasionally she'll munch on a dubia.

Amelia, the feisty one
86b269cac1e04d5cb1f8f2054d1e5689.jpg

0db4e729ec5f966b16d821ccd2daa34b.jpg

Ophelia, my little sweetheart
1b41cf375bc699b3f8be83e0dba0ac2b.jpg

2eb9b5336d1b2ed289d6328325a4a0ae.jpg

My Daisy was given to the breeder I work for, along with her sister. Both were skin and bones and very weak. Unfortunately, Daisy was the only one that pulled through. After a while, she came home with me. She's put on a good deal of weight, and her tail is finally starting to fatten up. She has MBD and isn't a mobile as she should be, but manages to get around just fine. She's a spunky little gal :) and she houses mealworms like there's no tomorrow.

8e18f678a6c0b2bd128aa92e3c1d5977.jpg

In her feeding tank, staring me down for worms :)
c46b49ebfac1c4a801b4f3d8d9ef142f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Both Ophelia and Amelia are demanding to be tong fed crickets. They're ridiculous. But if that's what they want, it's what they shall have! I just wanna see these little girls gain some weight.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They do have sweet little faces :) I wish they were better eaters!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Their faces just make me giggle everytime.. they are always smiling lol

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ophelia and Amelia went to the vet today. They are on Metronidazole every other day for 10 doses. If there is a bacterial or parasitic issue causing their weight loss and lack of appetite, this should kick it, with the exception of cryptospiridium. I also have a critical care formula to keep them going with the meds. Fingers crossed that this helps to turn them around!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hoping that it's a bacterial infection or parasites. Crypto is such an ugly illness.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm hoping for a harmless infection that they can bounce back from. Crypto would be devastating. As thin as Ophelia is, I don't think she'd last long with Crypto, and Amelia wouldn't be too far behind her. But I'm pushing that out of my mind until I know one way or the other. Happy thoughts! I want my little darlings to be around for a while!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes, don't think about the bad things that could happen and just focus on the now and keep doing what you are doing and show them love.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I tried to convince my vet to get some paromomycin for the girls but was unable to. Ophelia and Amelia passed away. Ophelia's fight ended on Wednesday and Amelia passed today. They are no longer suffering, but my sweet little girls will be dearly missed.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried to convince my vet to get some paromomycin for the girls but was unable to. Ophelia and Amelia passed away. Ophelia's fight ended on Wednesday and Amelia passed today. They are no longer suffering, but my sweet little girls will be dearly missed.

Oh no I am just now seeing this .... I'm very sorry!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you. I don't think there was anything that could have been done. It just broke my heart to watch them go downhill. I'm sad, but I'm relieved that they aren't suffering anymore.

Everything has to be bleached since crypto was neither confirmed nor denied.

Daisy is doing well. She's gotten quite fat, which is good. She's a sweetheart and she loves her food. We had her out the other night for some exercise and socialization.

86d866808de9791691c371f3181e06b0.jpg

Hi dad!
6471054e2e5b9795fc5a081f01e9b1f0.jpg

7a7467f1a702191d012551dae391a5f1.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't think bleach kills crypto. You need to use ammonia or a steam.