• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Breeder Bin.

Double d

Hatchling Dragon
Started my breeder bin about 2 weeks ago.. I got 24 females and 9 males.. And about 50 Nymphs plus or minus running around.. I feel them Apples, Potatoes for a water source, oranges and greens.. i keep my temperature at about 110 F.

Attachments

• IMG_4199.JPG
    IMG_4199.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4201.JPG
    IMG_4201.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Looks good! I put my egg crates face to butt stead of all stacked facing the same way. Gives them more space but the same amount of cover, easier to separate the egg sheets when I'm picking out feeders, and the frass falls to the bottom better. Might want to give it a shot - I love having a colony,, I haven't had to buy insects in months, though I usually do buy miscellaneous worms to vary the diet. Still, has saved me so much $$$$!

Double d

Hatchling Dragon
Looks good! I put my egg crates face to butt stead of all stacked facing the same way. Gives them more space but the same amount of cover, easier to separate the egg sheets when I'm picking out feeders, and the frass falls to the bottom better. Might want to give it a shot - I love having a colony,, I haven't had to buy insects in months, though I usually do buy miscellaneous worms to vary the diet. Still, has saved me so much $$$$!

I'll give it a shot! Question do you know what can cause they reddish orange particles or frass? I feed my Feeders carrots and apples notice this upon cleaning out there bin today

Attachments

• IMG_4228.JPG
    IMG_4228.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Yep, it's the carrots. The other day I fed mine blueberries and when my beardie crunched one, it's fluid was blue!!! And oddly enough, my beardie spit it out and wouldn't eat any more - it was the first time I fed them blueberries, and Skittles refused to eat them until I switched them back to other food. It takes about 3 days for the food to pass through the roaches system. And then he liked eating them again

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol yea it's the carrots lol that's the reason you don't throw out the frass because it is still edible for the nymphs and they will munch on that as well as the other food source...
what I do is I have wooden skewers that you do (kabobs on) and I stick it thru the top of each egg flat so they don't fall over :) works great!!
Roaches are amazing I haven't bought any for 2 years! I've only gotten supers and other treat bugs.

Double d

Hatchling Dragon
Today I added another 250 Dubia to my feeder bin... can't wait until I'm able to sustain my dragons off my own colony