• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my bearded at paint

samantha hastings

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon ate a paint chip. It was just a dried piece of paint and I'm not sure what to do. It's been 24 hours he's still eating just not pooping

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think I would be too terribly concerned. Keep him hydrated - does he drink out of a bowl or lick water off of the tip of his nose?

sapphira80

Bearded Dragon Egg
The main concern about eating paint is lead poisoning. Paints haven't been made with lead in the US since the 1970's, so unless its paint from a really old wall, it's not likely to contain lead.
If he just ate one small chip, it shouldn't block his digestive system. You're idea to give him a bath is good, it may stimulate him to poo. Giving him a lot of leafy greens might be a good idea too because fiber helps clean out the intestines.

Good luck!