• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mushu the dragon

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
We have a new little baby. I'm trying to keep away from calling Mushu he or she until it gets a little older and we can tell the gender, but I think Mushu could go either way. Mushu is a happy little camper and it udjusting pretty well to the move. Today, was his/her first bath. After deciding it was safe to leave my hand, Mushu drank some water and took a healthy poop before climbing back on. I'm keeping handling minimal for a bit so he/she can get used to their new home, and also due in part to their small size. Mushu is pretty relaxed for a baby, though, and has done will with what interaction we've had.

Ruth, my adult with MBD, saw Mushu today while she was in her feeding tank, and gave a little wave. I thought that was rather sweet of her.

Mushu's first bath!
8de0d945314121c531205e32870523da.jpg

7af00875745dcb5ed20e77dd574c44cb.jpg

After bath basking :)
610e08d1e6dd450b643b137257c02014.jpg

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
So cute and it sounds like he's doing really well. R they separated ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Absolutely. Everyone has their own enclosure. I'm pretty hardcore against cohabitation, with very few exceptions. They only spotted each other through panes of glass. My Ruth is about 10 times his size haha.

I probably won't ever introduce them, unless Mushu turns out to be a female and gets some decent size. Right now Mushu is in quarantine, being new. Definitely a sweetie, and settling in quite well. Ate a few crickets this morning, and I'll offer some more later on today. Hopefully he/she takes to veggies easier than Ruth has!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Laswabbie- haha of course. I don't think anyone else would be quite as excited about mushu's bath present as I was. I'm sticking with cute photos only :)

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Put more pics if I see your guys, it helps me resist adding to my zoo. He's super cute.. I melt for the babies

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'll definitely keep posting pictures. I just wish I had a phone with a better camera. I've decided to call Mushu a boy until proven otherwise. And the little dude found his hammock today!

a1bd1c3d47eeaeb4078f7dc2545ea2bc.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm a little worried about Mushu. When we picked him up, he was placed in a deli cup, no big deal, it's a commonly used transport container. My boyfriend cautioned the woman to be careful with his tail when putting the lid on, and she assured us she would be. After seeing him this morning with his tail hanging off of his tree while basking, the tip is hanging down. That stupid woman caught his tail in the lip of the cup. It doesn't appear to bother him, but could this become a serious issue? Could it resolve itself, or heal? I don't want to risk my babies health. But I do want to track that woman down and give her my two cents...with my two fists. I'm a 5'2" ball of fury!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm a little worried about Mushu. When we picked him up, he was placed in a deli cup, no big deal, it's a commonly used transport container. My boyfriend cautioned the woman to be careful with his tail when putting the lid on, and she assured us she would be. After seeing him this morning with his tail hanging off of his tree while basking, the tip is hanging down. That stupid woman caught his tail in the lip of the cup. It doesn't appear to bother him, but could this become a serious issue? Could it resolve itself, or heal? I don't want to risk my babies health. But I do want to track that woman down and give her my two cents...with my two fists. I'm a 5'2" ball of fury!!

:( Can you post a picture of it? My Izzy had about 1/2" of her tail pinched under something and it ended up falling off on it's own and healed just fine.
You do want to keep an eye on it to make sure it heals well.. You can do diluted iodine (to the color of weak tea) soaks, and make sure you keep Mushu's tank clean so nothing gets in there. Typically they dry up and all heals up and the tip falls off with no intervention, it's when it doesn't heal up and looks like it's spreading down the tail you need to seek medical attention.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'll keep an eye on it for sure. This is the best photo mt phone could muster. It's just the very tip of his tail, but the fact that it happened at all is very frustrating. I'm thankful that it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all. If it does, I have the number of 3 clinics that see reptiles, with the exception of snakes, because that makes sense.

332ecee43b5f5069bd502950c7968546.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep looks just like what happened to my Izzy her's fell off and that's what will happen here..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My poor little baby. I hope he isn't in pain.
I don't think at this point it does unless messed with.. My Izzy ran around with a kink like that for about 2-3 weeks then all of a sudden it was gone.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I don't think at this point it does unless messed with.. My Izzy ran around with a kink like that for about 2-3 weeks then all of a sudden it was gone.
That's some good news at least. He seems to be doing great other than that. Eats a couple pieces of veggie salad each morning, and crickets for breakfast lunch and dinner. He started at 4 a day, and is up to 10 or 11 now, so I think he's starting to feel more comfortable.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's a doll! I love seeing little babies but thankfully after having a very rambunctious baby, I don't get that feeling that I need another one LOL! That's unfortunate about the tail but as Hdrydr31 said, it should fall off on it's own. Just keep it clean.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mushu went outside for the first time today. He's getting less jumpy and trusting me more, so I took him out for some natural rays. He seemed a bit overwhelmed, so I didn't keep him out too long. This little dude is too cute! :)

f214f6ad9bfca18da1f7e434e180d73f.jpg

1fbfd54ab71d8f17f424d75dbc1f202b.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Little Mushu has finally lost the tip of his tail! It seems to have healed up quite nicely. He's had a good shed and is growing like a weed!

He was not a happy camper while shedding, and needed some assistance here and there.
292cae9794eaba940a625762770c58d7.jpg

One handsome and happy little dude!
0a3338bd4e2cde43e65fd29b2d4ced2c.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Little Mushu has finally lost the tip of his tail! It seems to have healed up quite nicely. He's had a good shed and is growing like a weed!

He was not a happy camper while shedding, and needed some assistance here and there.
292cae9794eaba940a625762770c58d7.jpg

One handsome and happy little dude!
0a3338bd4e2cde43e65fd29b2d4ced2c.jpg
He is such a cutie!! Glad to hear that the tip has come off and is healing up well.. I just love babies and their growth is just amazing...

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Little Mushu is doing great. He eats like a pig and is once again in shed. I'd like to get him outside more for natural light, but he finds it a bit overwhelming, so we've been working on window time. Baby steps for a baby dragon :)

93fcc22fe7085ce05bf03b61a2c04105.jpg

64e7a8b321f86d08a80dffaf07086ec4.jpg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Little Mushu is doing great. He eats like a pig and is once again in shed. I'd like to get him outside more for natural light, but he finds it a bit overwhelming, so we've been working on window time. Baby steps for a baby dragon :)

93fcc22fe7085ce05bf03b61a2c04105.jpg

64e7a8b321f86d08a80dffaf07086ec4.jpg

Look at that fat belly! That is completely normal to be a little scared outside. My Wally would jump every time a car would drive by. Now at 17 weeks he will sit outside on his tree for hours watching the cars drive by. Lol