• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Morphs as I understand them.

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i wouldnt think your rude you never have been but i really didnt think about it having many different morphs without it showing up.. . that makes me mad bc i wanna know what she is haha well thanks anyways

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I found this great website which describes the differing morphs of bearded dragons. I now know that a true leucistic bearded dragon has not yet been discovered and what breeders call leucistic (marketed leucistic) are actually hypos. But, now I'm confused b/c the breeder I bought from lists the dam as a hypo leucistic. Wouldn't that be a redundancy, then? Check it out.

http://www.mbdragons.eu/en/genetica.html

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I know this is an old thread but, since it isn't locked, I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I am not a breeder, or a professional. I'm just an adoring bearded dragon owner who paid attention. Basically, beardies are like people. People with the same genetic background (be it familial, race, nationality, origin, etc), can look vastly different. My sister and I barely look related, however, my other sister (who is half), and my brother...look very much like me. If you look at my avatar, you'll see my male beardie (the one on the right) looks pretty much the same as any other dragon out there. He is very "plain Jane"...but, hold it right there! Upon further inspection, you'll see his markings are a little different, as well as some of his colors. His viv buddy looks very different. She has different markings, coloration, everything. She's even green, for crying out loud! But, guess what? As far as I know, she's a "normal". Nothing special, she just happens to look very different.

The moral of this story...every bearded dragon will look different, regardless of their "heritage".

Portmanmike

Juvenile Dragon
That pic looks like mine what is it
image.jpg

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
I actually LIKE the fact that there aren't tons of morphs. I don't want to see what happened to ball pythons happening with beardies. The moment we come out with a bunch of true genetic color and pattern morphs we will have people trying to collect one of each regardless of whether or not they can afford to feed and house that many or spend any time with the animals. That said I did just get a interesting mix of bloodlines in a beardie with Sandfire & Cawley breeder lines and Tiger (from both parents). I haven't read a lot about Tigers except that it too is just a specific breeder's line-bred variety but they do seem to show more pattern whereas the sandfires have a muted pattern. I'm interested in forecasting what this little guy will look like but frankly I didn't pick him for his looks- how can you when they change so much- I picked him because he was plump and charming.

Lukenchilli

Bearded Dragon Egg
my question is. is it the male genetics or the females that decides the color of the babys. lets just say I want a result of a hypo leather back. do I use a male leather back with a hypo female or is it the other way or am I way off. im new to the breeding side of the beardys so I am full of silly questions but if I don't ask I will never know.

Latest posts