• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Limp/frozen in bath?

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
Okay so my baby Iroh is barely 3 months old (petstore baby) and I want to know why he goes into a limp like state when in water. He is currently shedding so I tried soaking him. He is also taking medication and the vet said to keep him hydrated by giving him lots of soaks and having him drink more water.
However when ever he is placed in water he goes limp. Like closes his eyes doesn't move his front arms and just falls straight first in the water. I am not sure of the temp of the water but it is tolerable to my inner wrist. I put it on the hottest water that my inner wrist can take.
I have him currently in his water dish and I put the heat lamp over the water dish to have the water be warmer.
He keeps opening his mouth and doing deep breathing. He doesn't have another vet appointment until the 3rd.

I really don't know what to do or who to ask. He perked up a little more now as I type this. He also keeps flexing his beard and moving his head. I want to include a video but am not sure how to do that... won't let me upload using upload a file.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well, that's interesting. maybe he just likes the way It feels and is enjoying some "spa" time. my girl will try to get out at first, then she just closes her eyes and lays there. I watch her extra close to make sure she doesn't put her head under the water while she's "zoning".. Don't leave him alone - ok?

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
well, that's interesting. maybe he just likes the way It feels and is enjoying some "spa" time. my girl will try to get out at first, then she just closes her eyes and lays there. I watch her extra close to make sure she doesn't put her head under the water while she's "zoning".. Don't leave him alone - ok?
I just came back from the vet. It is not only in the water, he doesn't have much muscle control in his front legs. So the vet is giving him liquid calcium and a food supplement.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You don't want the water to be too hot. Just warm like a babies bath. My girl Dolly falls asleep in her baths. She just gets so relaxed she closes her eyes. I make sure I never take my eyes off her so I can crap her head if it goes under.

Latest posts