• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lights

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was told that the red light in the tank is not good for Mordy and that he can get hurt ... I have always had it on with him and he seems fine his lights are on 12 hrs then off for 12 he has a 60 gal tank and trying to keep the basking spot warm is not always easy as well as the cool spot.

He is fine so why are ppl having an attitude about it?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was told that the red light in the tank is not good for Mordy and that he can get hurt ... I have always had it on with him and he seems fine his lights are on 12 hrs then off for 12 he has a 60 gal tank and trying to keep the basking spot warm is not always easy as well as the cool spot.

He is fine so why are ppl having an attitude about it?
Over time they can cause eye damage as colored lights don't allow their pupils to function properly as they don't constrict and dilate normally.. So over time this happens so you may not notice any changes...Maybe consider a CHE to help boost your temps? But in the end it's your call we only state what happens especially since we get lots of new owners and it is our role to give accurate information.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just make sure you get a fixture that can handle the heat this gives off...so a ceramic fixture and also most get a dimmer switch so you can change how hot it is.