• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leaves for BD's

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
These are some of the seeds I can get here,

redchard.jpg
Red Chard
Red chard is like Swiss chard but with red stems and ribs. The chard-beet connection (they are extremely close relatives) really comes forward and gives red chard an earthier flavor than Swiss chard. Use as you would Swiss chard, but be ware that red chard will "bleed" a bit red and can stain lighter colored dishes and vegetables a shade of pink.

DSC01513.JPG
Red Mustard greens
Red mustard greens are pretty much just like green mustard greens, except they have a pretty red tinge to them. Baby mustard greens are fabulous in salads, and the red ones add a lovely hue. When cooked red mustard greens lose their distinctive color as well as the sharp edge of their flavor. As with green mustard greens, you can mellow the flavor by blanching them in salted boiling water for a minute or two, draining, and then using. Or saute as is for a sharper, but still mellowed, flavor. Longer cooking leads to an increasingly mellow flavor.

rainbowchard.jpg
Rainbow chard
Rainbow chard it a mix of Swiss chard, red chard, and golden chard. Use it as you would any other chard, but be ware that bunches that contain red chard will bleed just as red chard does and stain lighter vegetables pink. As with all chard, you can remove the center ribs for seprate cooking, if you like.

Can these be used if I can not get hold of the NORMAL swiss chard and mustard greens?

Also, collard greens
DSC01500.JPG
look like a type of cabbage/spinach, does it have another name, cos everyone here looks at me like I'm NUTS if I ask for it

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK,

So I bought these . . . . called mustard spinach / florida broadleaf

Are they OK to feed, and I bought some sweet Rocket seeds as well as nasturtiums

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Rocket I know is a fine staple and many people over in the UK use it as well as spring greens a.k.a. collard greens. The chards however are labeled as a "feed rarely item" so I wouldn't really bother with those. The mustard spinach / florida broadleaf I don't personally know of so I don't want to tell you yes and be wrong. Nasturtiums are fine on occasion and as a nice treat.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The "florida" is a hybrid mustard.. fine...
Hope this helps !
000203F7.gif

Now lets cross fingers and toes that they GROW . . . . I've kinda got black thumbs when it comes to things growing here, maybe since its for a greater good / other than decor it will work.

collard greens.
Cant find that here . . . :-\

000201F9.gif

It made my day . . . . soon she'll have variants of staples to eat.