• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is my little guy growing like he should?

Faerieweird

Bearded Dragon Egg
When we got Odaving towards the end of febuary we were told he was "about 2 months old" he was only 5.5" long and only 7g. A week and a half ago (3/26) he was about 6.5in and 12g and was going thru his first shed with us, now he is 7in and 18g.

is it normal for him to gain 1/2 in and 6g in less than two weeks?
and is that a healthy weight based on his length (and i know he's a bit small for his age if you go by the time frame the breed gave)??
Lastly i've noticed that his legs and tail and much brighter than his body and head is that normal as well?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They all grow at different rates. Sounds like he is growing pretty good. It's possible that his legs and tail are starting to shed and that's why they don't look as bright as the rest of the body.