• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing "Mushu" my first Bearded Dragon

SolidSnake

Hatchling Dragon
Ladies and gentleman, Id like to introduce "Mushu".

Mushu is named after the red dragon in the Disney film "Mulan".

I just got Mushu home, he seems ok, just still looking around. He was the one I wanted from the beginning of this search for a Beardie but, we could not get him to eat or even look at food at the store which is a small concern of mine since all the other guys eat like pigs. We even confined him in a smaller container alone and he still had no interest in food of any kind, but I decide to take him anyway. I am such a good customer at this store that they told me that If I cant get him to eat they will take him back for another but, I think he was the prettiest to pick from and I am optimistic.

Mushu

21_zps4c772be0.jpg

6_zps1f3513a1.jpg

33_zps8606d8d4.jpg

13_zpsfd062b02.jpg

12_zpse0e417ba.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks good. Just give him a few days to get used to his new home and he should start eating.

SolidSnake

Hatchling Dragon
Mushu sleeps hard, I thought he was dead this morning, I reached in, talked to him, pet him and he wouldn't wake up, he was a tired lil boy, but he had a hard day yesterday with moving and all. He moving around now, he still shows no interest in food but then again, I don't eat when I first wake up either.

SolidSnake

Hatchling Dragon
Mushu is up and alert, he has eaten about 10 crickets for breakfast, (still wont eat greens) but he's running around checking everything out like a kid who just got a jungle gym for Christmas.
Im not sure how good their eyesight is but he seems very, very interested in what's happening outside of his enclosure.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hes beautiful. Eating snd pooping are good. Some do sleep hard. Some sleep hard some of the time. Me too. Thanks for the good news

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Great news! Don't worry about him not eating the salad. Some don't eat a lot of greens, but you should still offer a fresh salad every day. What I do with my little girl is I dump her crickets out on top of her salad so it gets her to go over to it and possibly eat some greens too! They do sleep hard but at that age they also play hard. Little Luci runs her tank all day long that by 5:30pm she's already getting into her sleep position!

SolidSnake

Hatchling Dragon
Im really digging this little guy, we hung out a little today, he just hung on to my shirt while I adjusted things in his enclosure, but he wanted to sit on my hat more.

m1_zps778e40e7.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wait till he wants to sit on your hat while it's on your head! Because he will :)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Hay mushu. Hows the little 1 settled in his new home. Looks a nice cosy place 2 live ;)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww. He's so cute! His new perch will be your hat from here on out.