• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing Kalameet!

ReqRep

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone!

I just got my first Beardie today and I figured it would be worthwhile to join a forum. This is Kalameet! He's a tiny little baby, and I'm so excited to welcome him into my family. While I have owned a number of different reptiles throughout my life, this is my first Bearded Dragon. I'm looking forward to raising him and being able to raise a reptile that is more rewarding from an interaction standpoint. He's already so inquisitive, and energetic. His vivarium is currently on my desk, and he's constantly watching me and coming up to the corner closest to me. I handled him briefly today before putting him into the viv and he seemed super relaxed. I'm going to give him a few days to settle in and then we'll see if that remains true.

If anyone can make an educated guess about his morph I would love to know. I think he's a leatherback, but I'm not sure if it takes them a while to start displaying scales or not. As of now he's super smooth.

j6wEGQ
h3F8bQ
kEXzi5

BrandyLynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome! I'm still a newbie here as well but your little guy looks like mine though I'm no help on the morph.
20170511_105252.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies!!! you got a super cute little one!! Hard to tell from the pictures and how small but if he's really smooth it's likely you have a leatherback but we'll have to see as he gets a bit bigger..

Take a few and read thru the links below this comment as we've put together lots of info for new comers it covers all areas of care.. and it sounds like you are not in the states lol so some of the food items on the list you may have to do some research on as they are called different names or are slightly different in appearances..

looking forward to seeing your little one grow and feel free to post pictures of your set up as we may be able to help tweak things if need be.

ReqRep

Bearded Dragon Egg
@BrandyLynn What a good looking buy you have! They do look rather similar, I guess only time will tell though.

@Hdrydr31 Thanks for the welcome! I'll try and get some pictures of the set up shortly. He's been in a temporary enclosure for the past few days as I'm waiting to move the last of my baby Monitors, which should happen tomorrow. Once I get them moved I'll post some pictures of his new enclosure as well.