• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to mount tube light in tank? Help!

MamaCas

Bearded Dragon Egg
My new baby is in a 50 gallon exo Tera tank. Im using a Repti Glo 10.0 24" t8 bulb with a hood light fixture sitting on top of the screen. I want to mount it inside the tank to maximize the uvb. My question is...is it possible to mount the whole hood inside the tank or should I get a different fixture? Can someone post a link to the fixture they use? Or give instructions on how to mount the hood. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20170312_163143_001.jpg
    20170312_163143_001.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 106

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You would probably be better off getting a smaller slimmer fixture. With the T8 bulbs you can very easily go to Walmart or a home improvement store and buy a T8 slim fixture and use that. As far as mounting it in your tank, most people mount them to the very back upper part of the tank. Since you have a background you can't do that so you'll have to get creative maybe with some zip ties and wire.

I used to do the T8 fixture on top of my tank and then I switched to the T5 fixture and bulbs on top of my tank. The fixture is reflective and the UVB penetrates deeper into the tank even through the mesh.

MamaCas

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bought a t5 hood and bulb. Better to have piece of mind than trying to save some money making my old setup work.