• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to know if you have a giant German?

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
How can you tell if your beardie is a giant German? Our beardie is just under a year and he is big! Not fat or over fed, just a big boy. Just wondering what stats I should look for on knowing if he is one of the larger species of bearded dragon. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
How can you tell if your beardie is a giant German? Our beardie is just under a year and he is big! Not fat or over fed, just a big boy. Just wondering what stats I should look for on knowing if he is one of the larger species of bearded dragon. Thanks.

9c022ae19f8a64985bab65d3470f92f6.jpg
34d4e5ccf8fc835f6cc13809e491db0b.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i LOVE the big uns! He's beautiful. The only way to know for sure if he has the Giant genes - is to know what genes his folks had.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep you would need to know what the parents were.. Most German giants have kinda disappeared sort of speak. blood tests may show..
How long and how much does he weigh?

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
Mine a little guy. He going to long also. Just a normal dragon
8021ce2eed0274d2bd623d09e96b3802.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
Yep you would need to know what the parents were.. Most German giants have kinda disappeared sort of speak. blood tests may show..
How long and how much does he weigh?
Can't get him weighed right now. However he is 17.5" in and under a year old. Molting again but diet is steady, not over feeding at all. Good balance of protein and vegetables.

Belles

Bearded Dragon Egg
My girl is 5 months old as of a few days ago and is 18 inches, I’m not sure whether she qualifies or not? She’s 206 grams last I checked aka 7.3 oz