• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how much calcium with vitamin D?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I have the zoomed calcium with vitamin D. I don't know how old my beardie is. Hes not a baby but not a adult. I'd say he's a kid. I'm aware they can get too much vitamin D. as of now I put some on salad and coat insects every day. Is that too much?

carnivorouszoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How long is he? Generally I think under 12 inches you want daily. 12 plus 3 times a week? I could be very wrong though, I am looking for refresher info myself.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If you are offering a variety of greens and veggies in salad you don't really have to dust the salad.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I use calcium without D3 and then a multivitamin. They should get enough D3 from the UVB.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They should get enough d3 from the Uvb if they sat 3 inches from it and directly in the middle of the tube.... As that where the best output is.... The ends of the bulbs suffer.... I would dust everyday without d3 and 2 times a week with...... Lightly.......

I personally only use Rep-cal calcium with d3 phosphorus free everyday and multivitamins 2 times a week...... And my beardies are going strong