• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How can we improve BDF?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey All,

I want to get a feel for where we are as a community and see where I should be focusing my efforts. How do you feel we can make BeardedDragonForum a better place?
Just to get the ideas flowing, some of my thoughts include:
more frequent photo contests
a logo/t-shirt design contest
BDF Mobile Apps (Apple and Android)

Most importantly, how is the site working for you all? Is there anything that needs my immediate attention?

As always, thank you all so much for your feedback! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas!

sixfeetunder

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Maybe an App.
And maybe a tips section on frequently asked questions. Then if your question isnt there then ask in forum?? x

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How about an option in the profile preferences to choose a default Font for our submitted posts. The Global Default Font that is in use now, if there are #s in the post, can tend be a little funky ...

e.g. 15062 - 6438 - 8364 - 40 - 50

Or change the Global Default to a cleaner one of all the same levels ...

Just a thought, thanks,

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Germain,
Thanks for the font suggestion. I'll look into having it switched to something a little more palatable for everyone...
In the meantime I know you can set your signature font but I'm not sure you can change the default font for all your posts without manually changing it using the editor...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds good
whip-1.gif
;)
icon_thumright-1.gif

Thanks,

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How about a photo contest for the cutest dragon? I've got two I can chose from that's cute.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Can you make it where when you see a persons name by their post you can see how many posts they have made? I would like to see if I'm helping someone that is new to the forum and what they are asking is their first post. ;) Like how it is with the other forum.

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
photo contest,users promoting the site openly
chat room couldent hurt but the traffic needs to get up from here
more moderators

cough cough :cool:

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
When I try to associate I get this message

{
"error": {
"message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"code": 191
}
}

And when I try to Like the fb page it says
The page you requested was not found.
You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.
I will follow on twitter I think we need a link for that too
;) if I hadn't have talked about it here I wouldn't have know :cool: