• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hide Broken but still usable?

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys it has been awhile. It never surprises me on tank day when SOMETHING happens. Either bulbs die out or I break a hide. Today I broke Jethro's favorite basking hide. However the way it fell it made it look like another entrance was available to the hide. My concern is this. There is one semi sharp looking edge in the new entrance. Is it safe to try to super glue it back since the piece that broke off is still available? Or should I sand it down to make it safe for her? I will attempt to take a photo to show what I mean. I am not putting it back in till I find some good answers. If anything she has two other toys, a ramp and a branch. But this rock was her favorite. I also have insulation foam that I had planned to use awhile back to make a hide for her. Maybe that would be a better option? Thanks guys. Like I said will try to get a photo. In the photo, the section on the left is the part that broke off. The piece in front of the hide is what came out.
1494092438729-841809991.jpg

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I say if you're willing, sand down the rough side, being that this is her fave hide. Just my opinion, all your options are good though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, sand it down. There is a chance the glue won't stick and she could eat the broken piece.

If you have a dremel tool, it would make the job real easy. I used one to smooth the sides on my homemade coconut hide and it was the best tool I've ever used LOL!