• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Herpetology?

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
My goal is to be a herpetologist due to how much I love reptiles, I wanted to be a vet for some time until I realized I liked some animals more the others.
So my bigger question is if there are any herpetologist on the forums and what kind of jobs could I get in this field? I know about a few but I wanted to get the opinion and outlook of someone who actually has the job

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You should look up where you live and see if there is a herpetological society in your area that you can get involved in. I am in Chicago and there is a big one here that holds a Reptile Fest every year where they all bring in their reptiles and frogs and you can go and meet them and get info about everything. It's fun because they aren't selling anything, they are just people like us that want to educate people.

They also do other things besides the fest.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wanted to join mine, after you go to one of these things you want to save the world! But they hold their meetings on the day that I work late and with all my critters and work I don't know where I would have the time.