• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Sweden!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If I were to get a bearded dragon (I haven't completely decided yet) I would probably get a juvenile.

How hard would it be to "tame" the juvenile compared to a baby beardie?
(When I say baby I mean hatchling basically)

The reason I would get a juvenile instead of a baby is because the only place I found selling them here only sells juveniles, and also because then it could eat the crickets straight away since they are quite big.
It isn't that hard it just depends on the beardie some are more feisty just take some time and get to know the juvie at the place and see how it is..just know it will take alittle time for them to get used to you and its new home..

Korall

Bearded Dragon Egg
It isn't that hard it just depends on the beardie some are more feisty just take some time and get to know the juvie at the place and see how it is..just know it will take alittle time for them to get used to you and its new home..

Okay, also, how much greens and insects should a juvenile eat? I've heard some sources say about 50% each

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've always offered mine salad daily from the time they were a baby. They don't always eat it but it gives them something in their tank to eat if they get hungry. Also, it helps to leave a salad in daily in case you don't get all the feeder bugs out. Usually a feeder bug will go for left over food before it tries to eat your beardie.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
juvies will eat 90% bugs to 10% salad. Mine will eat maybe one mouthfull of salad, then see how far they can chuck the rest around their viv or poop on it. I cant wait till they eat more veggies, but I aint holding my breath. Feed the vegies to the crickets, best way to get vits into your beardie