• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi, I'm Sean. I live in Glenwood, IA USA. I currently have two bearded dragons. One male (Aussie), one female (Autumn). Aussie is about six and a half months old, and Autumn is about five and a half. My wife and I are learning as we go, but it is SO much fun. We love our beardies as if they were children (or at least roomates). In our home we also have a Black Lab mix (Liberty), a purebred Scottish Terrier (Jasper), three cats; Minnie, Butterscotch, and Mister, and two fire belly toads. We also have eight fish. We had many more, but they died. Their 55 gallon aquarium is now Aussie and Autumn's home.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to BDF, Sean! I hope you and your beardie family have found a home here with us :) (okay, we'll take in the rest of em too!)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2.jpg

It appears that you may be housing your BDs together, here is some info that you should very seriously consider ...

Housing Beardies Together aka 'Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation A Good Plan?

Or in Video\slideshow form ...

Good Luck

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
@Germ. I have viewed That post in another forum, and my beardies have since been separated. I just like that picture of them together. The strange thing is, my vet said he's heard "both ways". Basically, he says there are advocates on both sides of cohabitation. Oddly, aside from a few displays of dominance, I never had a single problem with the two together. The male would actually perform mating type rituals (head bob, nipping at the nape, mounting, leg scratching), which I found odd since they're basically both still juveniles. Not once did either of them show signs of aggression. They even shared food and water...at the same time! I separated them on the "better to be safe than sorry" notion.

Jesse omg it's me

Juvenile Dragon
Hey!! My girl is also named autumn she is not even a year yet!! Hope to hear progress and many pictures of your beardies! I am curious why did you name your girl autumn was their a special reason?!

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Actually, a gal at the pet store where I got her named her. Got her in October, her markings are kind of fall like (green), I guess she thought it was a good name, so we stuck with it. I will share many more pictures, I'm sure. :D

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
What kind of Pleco do you have?

I breed BN Plecos and Aspidoras Albaters.

But I bet, just like I found out, that Bearded Dragons are nice to have. You can take them out, hold them, put them on your shoulder and go outside with them. It's so much more of an involved pet than just having fish in a tank.

Don't get me wrong, I love my fish, and I will always have them.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'll post some later. Too much of a pain to do it from my phone. I can't see the pictures. Wouldn't want to post the wrong pictures!

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here are a few random photos of each. Some are not that great, some are pretty good. I'm sure I'll be sharing many more in the future. Sorry for the duplicates. I didn't know how to remove them. lol
IMAG0058.jpg
IMAG0079.jpg
IMAG0259.jpg
IMAG0260.jpg
IMAG0267.jpg
IMAG0268.jpg
IMAG0270.jpg
IMAG0288.jpg
IMAG0289.jpg
IMAG0058.jpg
IMAG0058.jpg
IMAG0079.jpg
IMAG0259.jpg
IMAG0260.jpg
IMAG0267.jpg
IMAG0268.jpg
IMAG0270.jpg
IMAG0288.jpg
IMAG0289.jpg
IMAG0058.jpg
IMAG0079.jpg

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I didn't notice until just now how blurry some of these are. The one's where Autumn is waving are some of my favorites. She waves at everything, it seems.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I figured one decent picture of each, on the same background, would be good. So, here you go. Just took these.
IMAG0283.jpg
IMAG0290.jpg