• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He tried to eat my hair!

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
So Draco decided for the first time he wanted to sit on my shoulder. I had my hair up but I guess some little hairs were still at the bottom and all the sudden I hear a noise like he was biting something and I realize its my hair! The little sucker clearly thought I needed a hair cut and there was a little piece hanging out of his mouth that I had to get off...

Now I know any time I'm holding him I have to pin every single strand up so he doesn't mistake my hair as food...

ohh boy...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! I think Dexter and Draco are separated at birth! I swear she ate my hair yesterday. I felt her nose in my hair and then that wet chomping sound! Totally creeped me out! Lately she's been crawling around my neck and perching in my hood with her head buried at the base of my neck, in my hair!

They are so crazy!

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
They're long lost siblings!!! Haha I couldn't believe it! Go figure, the first time I let the little booger explore around my shoulders he decides to chomp my hair... As soon as I heard the chomping noise I was like oh no... how do I get him outta there?! =P He was hanging out by the back of my neck having a little snack. I didn't think he actually got any till I saw a piece hanging out of his mouth.

They're just so darn cute! Draco just shed today so he's been quite cranky..

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Isn't it strange that when we wash our hair, it's the most tastiest 'worm' to them? Mine tried to burrow into my long hair once upon a time. Then I had it cut and she looked for her hiding place and couldn't find it. She gave me a look like, "HEY! Why'd you cut my hiding place? I loved your hair! So soft, so tasty, so snuggly warm!" LOL! :D

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
haha I don't get it... They'll try to eat the craziest things. He tried to zip up my arm again today and I think the only reason he wants up there is so he can snack away! He just kept tilting his head when I wouldn't let him up there like he was saying "Pleeease!!! I'm hungry!!!!" If he keeps giving me that look I'm going to have to cave and just let him up there :rolleyes:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! Now mine climbs up on my head and sits there. Seems they're like birds. They love the highest perch. Sometimes, I'll be walking around and have a tail hanging between my eyes and on my nose. :D She doesn't care how she's perching. She just enjoys herself.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter climbed on my head one night too. She was on the back of the couch and she ran full speed up my arm and to the top of my head like there was a cricket up there or something! I have short hair so there's not a lot of cushion up there for her so I try not to encourage it. They are exactly like birds! I call her my parrot because she's always on my shoulder.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Well today he didn't climb up my arm... he happily sat in my hand looking around and watching me... THEN all the sudden I see his tail go up and I knew it was about to happen...

He pooped in my hand :confused: I guess its better than him pooping on my head though. So I put him down on the floor and wash my hands and while I was doing that it was almost like he was looking at me saying "What did I do??"

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OMG! I am so happy that hasn't happened to me...yet! Dexter sometimes has the smelliest poops and to hold it in my hand or have it on my shirt would make me throw up!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Always look for the little butt wiggle. That's what Allie does before she goes.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
It was definitely pretty nasty! I always know when he's about to poop cuz he's raises his butt up a little and then lifts his tail and plop out it comes... Right when I saw that I just braced myself... There was just nothing to do I didn't have time to put him down.. Oh well my toddler pooped on me when he was a baby so Draco poop wasn't THAT bad. Still pretty nasty though. His can be pretty smelly too but luckily today was not one of those.

I think he likes me a little more after pooping on me though. Usually when I put him on the floor he doesn't come near me but today he stayed by me and even jumped up on my leg and hung out =)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Maybe he feels like he marked his territory! I would imagine the urite is very sticky and hard to get off (at least it seems to stick to the tub), so better on your hand than in your hair.

When Dexter is out of her enclosure climbing on me, I can usually tell she has to go when she starts running up and down my arm and then staring hard at my face like she's going to bite me! Then I put her in her tank and she usually poops within 5 min.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
You have Dexter potty trained!!! Haha

I wish he would give my warning but nope... He was looking at me all lovingly one second then the next pooping on me. I wish I would've taken his picture after the fact. His little face was too cute! I definitely don't know if it was sticky luckily it was only on my hand for 5 seconds tops =P I would've freaked if it would've been in my hair though.

Pat B

Super Moderator
OMg....Spike has never pooped on me or in the bath. I think he likes his privacy. He has always pooped in his enclosure and I have never seen him when he takes care of business!! :D

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You are so lucky Pat B! Dexter has no shame, when she has to go she has to go! Then she stares at me like "you gonna clean that up?"!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like Dexter has marked you as 'HIS TERRITORY' and no one elses. :D

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Draco isn't shy either. He's pooped in front of me everyday since I've had him with the exception of once... Today he pooped on my bathroom floor... Atleast its better than on me!

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Let him climb all over me today, and he went on top of my head... Apparently had a blast up there cuz he didn't want to come down BUT he did scurry down to the floor real quick and pooped :) then climbed right back on me! I think he likes me enough not to poop on me now!! When I tried to put him back into his enclosure he ran back up to the top of my head... needless to say he was hanging out there for quite a while.

909324_4743939552632_324469564_n.jpg