• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings to All!

MamaBcalM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Guys and Gals! Wanted to introduce myself a little. I'm a California native who, a few years ago, moved to Louisiana with my family. Yeah, talk about culture shock (I'm pretty hippy dippy, ha ha :)). BUT I absolutely LOVE it here!! New Orleans holds a very special place in my heart. But anyhoozle, my Mom had a few Beardies growing up and I was immediately smitten with them. Fast forward 10 years, and I am now ready to add one to my steadily growing menagerie of animals. I currently have a wonderful Pit Bull (Mr. Brasky Bear), a rescue cat named Bahati (the Swahili word for "Lucky"), a spunky kitten we kept from the litter we fostered (yeah, we had 7 cats at one point) named Tyr (The Norse God of War and Combat), some super awesome radioactive ;) Glow Fish and some catfish. As you can see by the names, we are a pretty funky bunch, but I wouldn't have it any other way :cool:. So, I've been researching my butt off in the care and keeping of the mighty dragons called Beardies. I just want to be the best mama I can be, so I've joined this forum to do just that. I'm planning on building my own enclosure, maybe making my own rocks, I'm just so excited!! I'm getting everything together and tested before I actually go out and get one though, so it won't be for a little bit. I just hope I can hold out that long, ha ha. I'm thinking of keeping a kind of visual journal along the way to D(ragon) Day, and I know I will get some good advice from everyone here. Look forward to my journey with y'all. Props to everyone who made it through my rambling :);)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!! Feel free to ask any questions and take a look at the links below our comments as we put together tons of info for new comers.. we look forward to seeing your progress.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome my fellow beardie friend, you're gonna love being a beardie mom! Maybe you could think about adopting one? You'd be surprised how many ppl get 1 and don't take care of themanyway, whatever you decide I look forward to sharing your journey with your sweetie ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi MamaB, sounds like you are doing things the right way round. Im a new owner too, like you I soaked as much info as I could before I bought my babies, then tested my viv for a couple of days to make sure it was all ok as well. Too many people buy on impulse then realise too late just how many needs a reptile has. Sounds like you have everything covered, thats quite a menagerie you have there! You will instantly fall in love with your bearded dragon baby, they are super cute. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

MamaBcalM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome my fellow beardie friend, you're gonna love being a beardie mom! Maybe you could think about adopting one? You'd be surprised how many ppl get 1 and don't take care of themanyway, whatever you decide I look forward to sharing your journey with your sweetie ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! I fully agree with you, I am going to love being a momma. I can't wait to get my beardie! And it's funny you should mention adopting one. I was thinking about going the adoption route. I love the idea of giving a beardie another chance at a good, if not better, life. Definitely going to check it out! Would you suggest any particular places to look? Thanks :)

MamaBcalM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi MamaB, sounds like you are doing things the right way round. Im a new owner too, like you I soaked as much info as I could before I bought my babies, then tested my viv for a couple of days to make sure it was all ok as well. Too many people buy on impulse then realise too late just how many needs a reptile has. Sounds like you have everything covered, thats quite a menagerie you have there! You will instantly fall in love with your bearded dragon baby, they are super cute. Look forward to hearing how you get on.
Yeah, as you can see I LOVE animals, ha ha. It gets me into trouble sometimes, my husband can attest to that ;) But yes, I want to be the best beardie owner I can be. I want to do this right and not be one of those impulsive buyers. No animal deserves that. Thank you for you welcome!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just make sure you really look at any beardie that you may adopt as you don't know it's background..so get to know what a healthy one should look like and act like. As that can be a hard route to go if your not prepared for possible issues that require more vet care..There are many beardies that need good homes so adopting is a awesome idea just know what you are getting into..