• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got my bugs!!! Now I've got questions.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
How do I keep superworms? They came in a small container with some kind of meal.

I bought some dry, powderlike dubia chow. Do I just sprinkle it in the box with the dubias?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

andrewed1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Move them intp a bigger container Get some rolled oats or bran for the base (substrate) and use some potatos for moisture. Do not get it wet...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Move them intp a bigger container Get some rolled oats or bran for the base (substrate) and use some potatos for moisture. Do not get it wet...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Got it. The supers came in a oat/grain type stuff so I just poured that into a bigger container. I'll add some rolled oats as well. I gave then a zuchinni slice cuz it's what I had and they seemed to really like it.

Just not sure how to feed this dry chow that I bought for the dubias

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The supers like a couple of inches of substrate to hide in so make sure they can cover completely. I give my supers the stems from
The greens I feed my dragons that way the dragons gentrhe nutrients in a round about way. I use the top of an egg carton or a cardboard drink holder to set the greens on somit doesn't touch the substrate and the worms can easily crawl through it. As far as the roaches, I put the chow on a lid in a tank with them. I also feed them the stems of the greens and offer water crystals for hydration.

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
So I also got nutrigrubs. They say to keep them in the fridge. So I did. My daughter wanted to "check on them". They all look dead?

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
So I also got nutrigrubs. They say to keep them in the fridge. So I did. My daughter wanted to "check on them". They all look dead?

Found the answer in a different thread. Sounds like I just let them come up to room temp and they will start moving

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
So, the first day Puff ate 2 superworms then a few roaches. Now, he only eats roaches. Won't even consider superworms or nutrigrubs! Guess that's ok, but I'm hoping he will at least eat the supply we have.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, the first day Puff ate 2 superworms then a few roaches. Now, he only eats roaches. Won't even consider superworms or nutrigrubs! Guess that's ok, but I'm hoping he will at least eat the supply we have.

he will mine go in spurts like that just keep trying