• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dexter got an X-ray

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just an update on my girl. Her mouth is healing slowly and she is on another round of antibiotics. The vet she saw last night felt a mass in her stomach and so we took an X-ray. We don't really know what it is. It's not eggs, it could be something to do with an ovary or it could be a kidney issue or it could just be that she needed to go to the bathroom. The vet didn't seem overyly worried about it and wants to check it again in a few weeks. Dexter is still being Dexter, and she is eating and being her goofy self so whatever it is not affecting her. Because the vet she saw last time didn't feel it, I'm leaning towards it being poop. It just looks weird. On a good note, she doesn't have MBD! She does have an old injury to her lower back by her tail base that has healed.

In the second picture I circled the area of concern.

IMG_8475.PNG
IMG_8475.jpg

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Hi Patsy I'm sorry to see Dexter having problems. I haven't been on in forever. I hope all goes well for her.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hi Patsy I'm sorry to see Dexter having problems. I haven't been on in forever. I hope all goes well for her.

Thanks. It's been an interesting few weeks. Bumble broke off the top ridge of his casque last week. It's healed but not something unneeded to deal with right now.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Omg that's horrible . I didn't think that could break. I'm glad it's healing . I just gave Seymore a remodel . It's really cute but I don't know if he's into it. I'm getting the itch to push the situation and just hold him . I literally have no contact with him . It's sad. If he broke something wed be in trouble. Hef got a remodel too. It's castle theme with wizards and dragons. The floor is slate pieces. He's soooo spoiled. Him and our pitbull are friends it's cute. If you have a pic of Bumbles broken casque I'd be interested to see that.
91b9c8612f02dbecb19a0d16200e14be.jpg
76f528aead5aab5f06c3e36742477da6.jpg
999e55507e720360db5976770e96a54b.jpg
551028d45b1120e89917690500e8b5ca.jpg
7dfc6db1f55d20290bc4d8ab58761ded.jpg
8b38aca69326a2c8d64fb71e46419cf6.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sure Dexter will be fine. LOVE the x-ray !! thanks for sharing

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@Canicke Thanks, I'm sure she's going to be fine. I just have to think positive. They sure like to scare us!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great to "see" you candybugs!! Everyone is looking great!

Patsy I agree I think that it is just poop and that is what I will keep that prayer for Dexter!