• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dark/Raw spot on tail

Darrell Pawson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,

I've had my bearded dragon for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed a spot on her tail that at first I thought was from where she was starting to shed. Now, it looks raw and I can tell it's painful cause when I touch it or try to look at it she jerks her tail. I am taking her to the vet next week (because I only have one vet that sees reptiles in this area and he's hardly in) but I wanted to get some input here as well. I also took her to where I bought her from and the guy told me to keep neosporin on it and to give her a bath every day for the next few days and see if that helps. Well, giving her a bath has definitely helped with shedding but the spot seems to have become bigger. Any help would be great.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome - sorry your little one is starting off rough. I do think a vet visit is wise. it does not look like a bacterial infection to me. not sure the neosporing will be of any benefit. I cant really be of any help. sorry

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry this happened. Looks like tail rot. You could soak it in a diluted betadine solution, chlorine free water with just enough betadine to make it look like weak tea. Curad Silver Solution is a bit better than Neosporin without pain relief. Not sure it's going to help but until you get him to a proper vet it shouldn't hurt.