• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dandelions

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I need some guidance, I've never given my beardies dandelions, as you all know I have 8 of them. I know this may sound dumb, are these dandelions what I find in my backyard in the summer time? That are considered a weed. I've noticed a lot of beardie moms/dad's give them to theirs. Thanks ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Those are the dandelions! You just need to make sure that they weren't treated with any weed killer or pesticide.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Will do, they'll be in my own backyard, thank you so much! I guess I'd just rinse them well and feed the kids

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep I heard some kind of period of time like 5-7 years free of pesticides but yep they are good item to feed for sure.. remember to look at the food link as that has all the plants and food items that you can feed them as the list is huge..

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I'm on tapatalk, where would this list be? Quick question. ...does everyone post via tapatalk or am I missing some good info that might be posted elsewhere?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm on tapatalk, where would this list be? Quick question. ...does everyone post via tapatalk or am I missing some good info that might be posted elsewhere?

I don't use TapTalk. I just use my web browser on my phone. If you go to the General Information section of the forum there is a pinned post at the top that we put together with tons of info!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you I'm gonna check it out after my granddaughter goes home☺

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do most of my posting on my desktop computer just easier for me than using my phone...i use taptalk if I'm not by my computer and want to do a quick post.
It is easier and you have more options online web

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
Will you or someone post a picture of how you serve it to them or them eating it please?
Thanks so much!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will you or someone post a picture of how you serve it to them or them eating it please?
Thanks so much!
you can just wash the leaves and flowers and pat dry if you want to then if there is a big stem on the leaves you can cut that out and cut the leaves into bite sized pieces.. Don't give them the tubular stem part that is on the flower..For the flower piece I just kinda pull it apart and top it on my greens..

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you guys for the very helpful info, would dandelions be sold anywhere or are they just considered a weed?

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
The videos that I've seen of beardies eating them it seems like they LOVE them.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you guys for the very helpful info, would dandelions be sold anywhere or are they just considered a weed?

You can grow them yourself that way you control it knowing that no chemicals were used.. I've not seen the plant being sold per say... BUT you can buy Dandelion greens in some grocery stores. Maybe at a store like Whole Foods would sell more variety

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I'm definitely going to Look into that, I'd love to be able to grow them myself

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I buy dandelion greens at the store and just chop them up. I've ordered seeds online to try to grow myself but I've never had any success. I would love to feed them a flower. I'm sure they will stick their nose up at it like everything else LOL!