• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket hunting

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
My husband was trying to be helpful Saturday when I was gone all day. He tried to feed Slice for me but Slice had some MAJOR head shedding happening and didn't want to eat. So hubby left a couple cricket's in the tank(big no no). So now there is one little churpy cricket in there that has drove me crazy for two nights. There is a small hole in my background that he's hiding in. If I see him come out he get's back in the hole before I even get the lid open. I took a syringe and squirted water in that hole so he's stopped for now but does anyone have any ideas on how to catch him when he does dry up and come back out? If I catch him it's not going to be pretty...I might save him as a sacrifice for tomorrow's feeding.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I was going to suggest plastic explosives but then there's the issue of more than likely taking out the entire house too so yeah, I would agree with Aleena and go for the squishing thing...LOL...then again seems I remember a movie a long time ago where this cricket used to play a fiddle..A pawn shop may have a cheap used one and you could lay it by the hole and when he sneaks out to play it he will be distracted and give you a chance to lasso him:D

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I tried that lol I had the tweezer's shoving them in there hoping to stab him but I don't know how deep it is. He's back at it again this morning. It will be my luck he'll die in that hole before I get to torture HIS life. Maybe i'll just shove a female down that hole and he'll shut up!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That's true..If you shove a female down the hole it may make him shut up for awhile indeed but then you may also find in a short while there will be a chorus of lil crickets singing from that hole instead of only one..LOL:D

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I really think I got him this time. With the watered down modge podge. Spike the dubia are still working on making the babies at the moment. Most of the males are almost done molting and getting their man wings so it's just a matter of time now. There were some babies mixed in so I separated them and they are growing into healthy NOM NOM'S for my boy. Do you think I can give them some steroids or miracle gro so I can finally be done with noisy crickets.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
More greens...and the superduper faster cricket growth serum. LOL!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No. I don't breed them. :) I tried that once with a male and female. Didn't have the proper heat, lighting, and substrate for their eggs. :(

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I sure hope so. I think the cricket's ate the hole in the rock wall to begin with little demon's. As soon as I know he's a goner i'm going to fill that hole with glue.