• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can anyone help me understand more about my dragon?

josh leon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Extremely curious as to what my beardie would be described as. I love him a the same, but I want to breed him someday, and I'd love to know more about his genetics.

josh leon

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• 20160811_131128.jpg
    20160811_131128.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 73

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you got him from PetSmart, I can guarantee you that he is just a regular normal scale dragon. The breeders will not let a $600.00 morph go for sale at PetSmart. This is your third post asking this question. He has pretty colors and that's it. He is not a morph, het or hypo. Those kinds are very expensive. Hence the reason why most of us get our dragons from PetSmart.

Again he is a normal scale dragon. The breeders do not sell hypos, hets or trans at PetSmart.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sorry I just posted in your old forum by mistake. Anywho, you should look into sandfire Dragons when you have a chance. It's a broad range of colors in which some can be more red, yellow, orange, sandy, or citrus. But basically it's one particular colored dragon mixed with a "normal" sandy dragon. The result is beautiful beardies that usually display the sandy pattern with hints of more colors through out their body. Your guy resembles a sandfire in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josh leon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you, this was the type of answer I was looking for. As for the first comment, I'm sorry that I bothered you, I've been curious about my beardie since I got him, I didn't know it was wrong to keep looking for the answer I wanted. He has hints of green and even spots of purple that turn dark when he gets cold. The orange is very pronounced and I guess the combination of colors just threw me off. But again, thank you

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, this was the type of answer I was looking for. As for the first comment, I'm sorry that I bothered you, I've been curious about my beardie since I got him, I didn't know it was wrong to keep looking for the answer I wanted. He has hints of green and even spots of purple that turn dark when he gets cold. The orange is very pronounced and I guess the combination of colors just threw me off. But again, thank you
It can be really hard to tell what they are color wise without knowing the parents.. You will also find that with each shed they will change colors some, so knowing what your little one will end up looking like will be interesting.. I love the orange and the patterns!!

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It is possible to get something unique from Petsmart although the two I got from there weren't. I've seen breeders sell five hypo citrus for $150 so you never know. Yours is similar in color to mine and she was $300. Sometimes there are nips, toes missing or tips of tail nipped that could lead to drastic deductions in price. My girls sister had a tail nip and was almost as colorful and she sold for $70. I almost bought her too but by the time I made up my mind to buy her someone had beaten me to her. Here are recent pictures
IMG_4230.JPG
IMG_4231.JPG
of mine. She just finished shedding and her tail looks like it's starting to go again.She's getting darker colors on her back and the neon green now looks like it's turning blue now. At this age the colors constantly change. She's only two months old and is over 11 inches long and weighs 65 grams.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The last time I was at petco they had leatherbacks being sold as normals... so it does happen from time to time

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The last time I was at petco they had leatherbacks being sold as normals... so it does happen from time to time

I completely agree that it's not unusual to see this type of "deal". Last time we were at petsmart a few of the little ones were almost solid orange (not quite solid but still very orange). They were actually having a sale asking under 50 for them. In my opinion every color and "mix" is beautiful and just as special as the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk