• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Calci worms

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just bought some small calci worms for my duo and boy, they really are small. How do you guys seperate them from the bedding they come in? I tried putiing some in a bowl of warm water, the worms are supposed to float and the dirt sink, well, most of the dirt floated and most of the worms sank. I did wonder if that would change if I left it a while longer, but I didnt want to drown them so I strained them out and dried them.
I heard others say to just brush them off, but that seems impractical.
There must be an easier way? isnt there a way to just get them to crawl out of the dirt on their own or something?

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
I use a small sifter/strainer. I pick out the worms with forceps, transfer them to a smaller container, then dump that container of worms into the small sifter, shake the sifter over the original worm container so any loose dirt falls back in there, then i dump the clean worms into the feeding dish. No rinsing necessary.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep I just wipe them off as I get them out of the bedding with tweezers then put them into a dish.